
It's been a tiring few days. Melt downs, death and moving woes.
Our dog died this weekend. It was our Rottie Duchess. She had just turned 1 year old. She accidentally hung herself by her collar while trying to clear the chicken coop fence. It was very traumatic. She is/was so big I couldn't get her off of the fence, and had to wait for help to remove her. Just horrible.
I never knew how hard it was to down size a house. I am constantly throwing out stuff, but it seems like the clothes just multiply over night. Getting the girls to cut down on their belongings is really tough. I need to remember to label the rubber maid tubs as we continue packing.
We have found someone to rent the house, so we have set our moving time frame around the middle or end of June, hopefully at the latest.
I've contacted my family and told them what I had of my father's belongings if they wanted them, if not I'd start selling the larger furniture items. I don't want to but I have no place to store these items. Oh, we have the barn, but the mice and rats are so bad, it serves no purpose to put anything of value in there unless you want it chewed to pieces.
It's going to be hard to get it all done, cleaned, packed and moved while taking care of a needy 3 month old baby. I do not look forward to it, as I will have to get the bulk of it done ALONE. Yuck!
1 comment:
Sorry you lost Duchess. What a hard way to go. You know we feel your pain having lost a few pets ourselves. Glad you found a renter. That should help things a little.
Post a Comment