I don't know if I have commented before on this, but our eldest daughter has Celiac disease. I was reading up on it tonight and a lot of things make sense. Lauren was diagnosed around 2 years old, but has not been on a strict diet for it, primarily because of her relunctance and refusal, and the outright headache it was to enforce it. It was suggested by her doctor that I leave her alone and that when it really bothered her she would eat correctly. Well, this has taken years. After reading tonight, I hope she hasn't seriously damaged her intestines by not eating gluten free. I didn't realize that it was strictly necessary, only preferred.
Lauren has a love of bread, a big no-no. She is struggling with this so please pray for her. I told her today to think of all the things she could have, instead of what she couldn't have. If she weren't so picky, it'd go easier for her. She is just going to have to stop being picky, and I am going to have to be stricter with her diet, and not cave in. This I can do, but I don't think her dad can. He spoils her. Another thing is Lauren's love of fatty foods, apparently a compensation in her body with the Celiac, or so I understand from reading. She also needs to make sure she gets enough Vitamin K.
Let's see for breakfast she had gluten free waffles with syrup. For lunch she had soup, and for dinner she had tacos with corn tortillas, with ice cream for dessert. I know she also ate potato chips while at the land. Over all, it was a good food day for her. I am trying to eat the same way, and encourage Hannah to do so also, that way she won't feel so deprived, but it will be hard. She really needs to eat more fruits and veggies, and I will keep encouraging this for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment