Projected to be 105 today! Wow! It's only June. Very scary tidings for the rest of the summer.
I left with James this morning around 9 a.m. to come to the house to clean up. Still a long way to go. The girls and their dad showed up later, around Noon, unable to handle the heat out there. They are enjoying the AC here for now, while we make plans on how to combat the heat at the land. More later.
****Okay, I had company had to get the door.
We are basically all moved. We have the washer and dryer left to move, a few books, a cabinet of food, and that's it. LOTS of trash to throw away, and stuff to get rid of. I will be making another trip to the resale shop early in the week. Downsizing is harder than I thought. I wish I had a place to store my grandmother's table, and my mattresses out of the weather. I hate to get rid of beds, as they are so expensive to replace, but oh well. The DirectTV is connected at the land, and very much a welcome respite to pass the time during the heat of the day. The nights are very pleasant, with the wind and cooler temps. The pool has been repaired and set up in a more level spot. The girls enjoyed a swim this morning. I am looking forward to one this afternoon.
The water in the tank heats up quite nicely, and enables us to have a slightly warm, and refeshing shower at night. We don't even have to use the hot water heater. LOL!
I am overwhelmed at how much is left. My MIL stopped by today and said "I thought ya'll were almost done moving". I told her we are. She was shocked at how much stuff I have left. Still a house full. I was thinking of putting an ad on craigslist and having people just come take stuff away. Once I get organized at the land, and have no more room for dishes, and food, I'll think on it. I just don't want to deal with it, and the prospect of moving is very daunting, and unwelcome at this time, though I have been looking forward to it for years. Mixed feelings about letting someone else live in my dream house, even though they are family.
I am worried about the cats, I don't think they will do well at the land.
I'll wait to cancel all the utilities and the Internet until right before the 15th of the month. I am off to take out the trash, and have some lunch. Pleaes pray for me. I'll need all the energy I can muster to get this job done.
No comments:
Post a Comment