I've always wondered about what the REAL Iraqi person feels about what is happening in their country, and their views on the American people. I really liked to read and find blogs by Iraqis.
I have a friend who met and married an Iraqi girl. He worked for a private security firm in Iraq (no not THAT one), and fell in love with her. She worked at the University in Baghdad. Apparently, she was betrothed at 15 or so to a man who was kidnapped by Sadaam's soldiers and was NEVER seen again. About 4 years ago his body was found in a mass grave along with his i.d. papers. This freed her to marry, so she married my friend, and now they live in the US, though I have lost contact with them.
Like many others I have this perception of Iraqi people, some which may be correct, some entirely wrong I am sure. I did ask my friend's new wife about Iraq and she told me about her family which is all she could speak of. I really enjoy hearing first hand account of what it is like there, etc.
I remember where I was when the US entered into Iraq in 2003. I was working as a contractor for the Navy, and was pregnant with my third child (soon to be 6). I don't know why I remember that time, but I do, just like I remember what I was doing when I heard on the radio about the attacks on 9-11.
If you are ever interested do a search on Iraqi blogs, and read a few. Very enlightening.
No comments:
Post a Comment