Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh My!

I spent about 30 minutes typing a really long post, only to have it lost. Oy vay!

The loft in the cabin was finished today when I arrived home from church. I wasn't expected it to be done at all, so it was great. This really opens up the room, and provides a lot more floor space. The girls and I spent the afternoon picking up tools, trash, bits of wire, dirty clothes left there while we worked, and Lauren swept the carpet. She and I stacked the bookshelf end of the former bunk beds on top of the desk end of the bunkbed. This provides a 9 foot tall wall unit that gives us a good amount of storage. The plan is to put the T.V. and the computer on the desk, and use the shelves for the DVDs, VHS tapes, Playstation and games, plus books.

The tile work in the bathroom is just about done. It has to sit for 24 hours before grout is applied, then the bathroom will just need a few shelves to be complete.

The kitchen is boasting two new sets of stainless steel shelving 6 feet high and 10 feet long. This is my pantry area, and is opposite the counter with the stovetop and sink. I washed a sink full of dishes, and the Tiny Titan water heater worked great. The water was extremely hot, though I had been told it was only luke warm. I burned myself because I wasn't expecting it to be so hot. We'll see how it handles a shower once the tile work is complete.

The girls and I will be making several trips tomorrow back and forth to the land to deposit loads. I am getting very excited to be moving! It has been a year and a half since we bought the land, and I had expected to move much sooner than this...

I should be moved by the end of June (if I get cracking), leaving me the first two weeks of July to clean the house and get it prepared for my nephew to move in. Yeah! Thank you God! Finally!

No comments: