We were up bright and early Saturday morning to take Hannah to register for swimming lessons. She had a swim test first to determine skill level. She by passed Level I and is in Level II. Her lessons are in the last session, which is the end of July. There are usually less kids in this session, so she will hopefully get more focused attention.
We came home and the baby took a nap before we headed out to the land. The girls watched videos in the bedroom, and looked after the baby. It was 100 degrees Saturday, so I wanted him kept in the AC.
I headed to the barn to sort through storage boxes. No snakes so far, but I saw a mouse, was chased by wasps and killed a brown recluse. I have a stack of items for the trash, stuff that has been destroyed by rats/mice and the puppies. There is also a stack of items for the yard sale. I think I will sell most of my linens too. I'll keep plenty of blankets, but get rid of most of my sheets. I'll keep two sets for each bed. I don't know how long it will be until a house is built or put out there, and there is limited room in the cabin. I really need the barn for other things, so downsizing my belongings is a good idea. I am about a 1/3 of the way through the boxes.
I did find a box of my pans, my new pressure cooker/canner, and canning supplies. I also found two small, white, lace curtains. I washed these in the kitchen sink, wrung them out, and hung them up at the bathroom window. They were dry in no time, and they look good. Will save me having to buy some. I took a picture and when they are developed I will post them here.
It finally got too hot and around 4:30 p.m. we all came inside to cool off and take a nap. We went back out around 7 p.m. The girls and I watered and fed the animals, and their dad finished cutting grass and weed eating. He is worried about more rattlesnakes and the girls getting bit so devoted the past week to getting it done. Everything looks really nice. There is a little bit of shredded trash that needs to be picked up, but we'll do that tomorrow.
In addition, I need to clean my two rabbit cages (one is a friend's and needs to go back to her, and the other is mine). The broody hen is collecting more and more eggs, and has already sat on a few for almost the allotted egg hatching time. If any hatch, I may take the rest to my friend to put in her incubator or buy my own. That would be easier. Anyway, Lauren and I plan to move the hen with her eggs to the cage to prevent her collecting more eggs. We also need to clean the coop really bad.
A funny story. For the past couple of weeks we have arrived to find Baeta sleeping inside the coop. Apparently the door fell open, and she went in. She really doesn't seem bothered by them, maybe because she has been living next to them for about a year. Well, last night Hannah went in to collect eggs and left the gate open. The chickens rushed out and over to Baeta's bowl, which she was eating out of. She walked away, laid down and let them eat her food! I was so surprised. I thought for sure she'd kill one. I know Duchess sure would have. Baeta has such a laid back attitude for a Rottweiler, though strange people do set her off.
No comments:
Post a Comment