We are still moving bit by bit, all is left now is the t.v., stand, pie safe and refrigerator, plus a few odds and ends. I will call and have the Direct TV moved to the new place by the end of the month. Then starts the process of cleaning out and up the house, throwing out trash, decluttering and finding a home for the remaining items. I have a houseful of stuff to get rid of. It's very disheartening to get rid of things I have collected over the past 22 years, especially my antiques. It really hurts, but I have been gritting my teeth and making the decision, though in some eyes I haven't discarded enough. We'll see what we can get along without once we are living day to day at the land.
Another chick hatched today, so far that makes three, with two suriving.
We had an issue with the dogs chewing through the garden hose that supplies water to the barn. This hose is actually a series of hoses that runs about 400 feet. The "puppies" chewed it somewhere in the middle, which caused the 1100 gallon water tank to completely drain into the field in front of the cabin. The spigot is normally kept on, and the nozzle turned off at the end, so that we can water the animals at any time. Well, now that will have to stop, and the spigot will be turned off and on as needed. The hose needs to be repaired, as it shoots up a tall stream of water when the water is turned on. I sure am glad it was a hose, as we were not looking forward to digging up 200 feet of water pipe to try and discover a leak.
The shower works great, by the way, at the land. We were finally able to use it today, as the tile work has taken a bit of time to complete and cure. The Tiny Titan water heater appears to be working well, and provides ample hot water for me. But I only take a 5 minute shower, others like to linger for a good 30 minutes. This will more than likely have to stop.
Another rattlesnake killed this week, right behind the cabin, close to the entrance. Very scary. It was a small one, but still deadly.
No comments:
Post a Comment