Friday, May 16, 2008

Back to the drawing board


The potential buyer that came to the house this week isn't going to buy it, after receiving feedback from the Realtor, we do a few additional, minor repairs to the house, a little more painting, and lower the price a tad.

I am really frustrated, we didn't receive the full amount of money from the IRS, so I am hoping that it will be rectified. I checked their web site, and that is what is said. If not, oh well, not much I can do about it. Just running out of money after paying the rest of the money towards the land, and buying fencing, and with one more large payment to make at closing, my bank balance is dipping drastically.

Well, off to Home Depot.

Back from town. Bought two toilet packages for $79.00 each, and a 5 gallon container of Ultra Pure White paint to finish Taylor's room, and the ceilings of the house.

Shaina, Taylor and Lauren went to see the new Narnia movie "Prince Caspian". Lauren was very excited to be included, because Taylor and Shaina are very rude and treat her like a little kid, but she's almost 11 you know! LOL! She dressed in her new jeans, white shirt, fixed her hair, and put her lip gloss on. Shaina rarely lets Lauren ride in the car with her, so it was very special to Lauren. The went out to dinner after the movie. She was on a big high when she got home.

Rodney, his dad, me and Hannah went out to the land. It had rained a lot last night. Not measurable, as we have a very stupid rain gauge. It has a tendency to blow to the side and not accurately measure the rain. The day before there was .05 inch of rain in the gauge, but there was more than that in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, so I think we need to tie down the gauge. Today, you could tell there was a real "gully washer" out there during the evening. My plants were beat down into the ground, and covered with mud (I rinsed them off, and they are standing up again. Debris was build up in the creek bed where the water rushed through. But not ONE drop was in the rain gauge. Go figure.

I have two tomatoes on each tomato plant. They are about the size of plums. Hannah was very excited. They need to be staked pretty badly, but Rodney and his dad told me tonight that they would put two t-posts up on each end of the garden, and stretch a piece of fencing on it. That way I can tie the tomato plants to it. Apparently, this is how my FIL does his (sigh).

Tomorrow we are going to Sea World for the Christian Family Music Day. Rodney is actually going with us. I asked him, but he had other plans with his dad, but told us tonight he would go. Lauren and Hannah are very excited!

Daisy (Rott puppy) has been getting out of the yard somehow, so they have lost yard privileges and are locked up back in the kennel.

I am supposed to pick up a breeding pair of New Zealand rabbits this weekend, probably Sunday, Monday at the latest. They are only one month old, but that's okay. So, now the rush to get the cages set up. I have one cage already, and will use a pet carrier for the other rabbit.

I also need to get a bag of Chicken Scratch, and rabbit feed.

Just wanted to ask everyone to pray for us tomorrow as we go to Sea World, my friend Marianne whose FIL passed away yesterday, my friend Faith who's daughter will have to be stopping her riding lessons due to family financial issues, and the sale of my house.

1 comment:

Temi said...

Sorry about your house issue, seems to be tough for everyone. I hope I can get this cabin paid off soon and get THAT much closer to being debt free. So what is happening in your garden that your losing your corn over and over? That one long line for a whole row of tomatoes might be a great idea. Never tried it that way.