Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Land Pictures

Evening view of the pond (facing South West)

Lily pads in background

Gate leading from pond area to home site area

Future Christmas Tree Area

North end of garden, facing towards home site

Resting spot


View of the creek bed
(used to be full of branches, but the guys trimmed the trees, and cleared brush to help keep snakes away)

Creek bed (north side of property)

Home site (facing north)

Black Walnut seedlings
(this is their temporary home)

Fruit trees

Hannah in garden


Hannah and Muffin - watering and hoeing
(I was taking pictures and Hannah started the water in the irrigation ditches by herself)

Tomatoes (tiny beefsteak tomatoes are already growing!)

Jalapeno plant


View of inside of storage container - girls getting their bikes
Hannah just learned to ride a two wheeler

This picture is to the left of the home site. The storage container will eventually have a carport on each side of the container. This will be Rodney's work area. The two black tanks to the left side of picture are my diesel and gasoline fuel storage tanks. These will be placed under the tree in the background this weekend.

Barn (tractor is on the left, hard to see)
Chicken coop on right hand, with new chicken enclosure (hard to see too)
I believe this is a picture of my cantelope plant on the right
(weeds to the left - apparently I am not a good weeder)

4 comments:

zoomer1 said...

Amy, I'm so enjoying watching your progress out at the land!

~Marianne
(did you get my email?)

Temi said...

Your land is sooo open compared to mine, gee how nice no to have to clear land before you do anything. But I wouldn't give up my trees/privacy for anything! Your place is looking nice, good job! I only have one lil bi of advice for your garden.....mulch mulch mulch. Will save you time with watering and weeding, think about it anyway.

Amy E said...

Welcome to TEXAS and the open prairie!

I'd prefer more tree cover, but am so lucky to have what trees that I do have.....

Amy E said...

I had planned to mulch but the "guys" through out the 12 bags of leaves I had been saving.

I will now have to buy mulch. I GREATLY offended Rodney's dad when I complained about how much space I am wasting, and that next year I want to use my way and not their's.