
I was reading the blog of a friend this morning (I call her a friend, though I have never met her, because I feel a certain kinship with her, even though our essential beliefs differ.) On her blog she mentions how she loves to stay home. Home for her is a converted school bus. I'd love to have one to travel in periodically, though I am more of a stay on the farm person. I love to be home, with the windows open, the breeze blowing, the smell of bread baking, the kids playing, and often times listening to music. It's very calming! After 15 years of being in the middle of the "rat race", these past five years have served to calm me down, and to get my life into perspective.
This morning is very peaceful. I sat on the porch to read my Bible. The swallows are dive bombing the porch (the babies have hatched), the kids are playing with the puppies in the back yard, or were, they just came in to cool off. It's noon, and approaching 90 already, along with being very muggy. We are scheduled for severe thunderstorms today, which would be nice, as my garden needs the rain.
In keeping with my commitment to be a better Proverbs 31 woman, I went to bed around 10:30 p.m. last night (early for me). I was up a little after 8 am (early for me). By noon I have been able to read my Bible and complete one chapter in bible study book, get my bed made, mop the foyer, make breakfast for the kids (and me), drink some mint tea, make laundry soap, wash two loads of laundry, and wash the dishes. I already have dinner planned, and am now sitting waiting for my friend Candi to show up, so we can enjoy the afternoon talking.
Today is my laundry day, so I'd really like to get it all done.
Tomorrow is baking day, and I will bake bread and some cookies for the week. I also plan to grind wheat in the morning, so that I can make whole wheat bread and pancakes on Wednesday. I really love my grain mill!
No comments:
Post a Comment