It's a slow start today. It's 9:30 a.m. and I am not even dressed today.
On the agenda will be washing, cleaning, cleaning out the rabbit cage and chicken crate.
I picked two jalapenos off my solitary jalapeno plant.
I didn't get to make breakfast like I wanted, the guys left to go to land. I did get to make them cheese toast, and Hannah had cereal and milk. Lauren is still asleep. I think the high heat is sucking our energy out. The guys went early, due to the temperatures expecting to rise into the 100's again today.
The garden needs to be watered, and I need to harvest the basil again, but will work on that this evening, when it has cooled down.
This afternoon, Lauren and I baked two chocolate cakes, a pan of brownies and a batch of molasses cookies. We will take these to the baptism/church picnic tomorrow. I still have a loaf of bread to bake, and the jug of iced tea to make. I want to get the car packed tonight, so we can get up and go early. It's an hours drive to the river where the baptism will be held.
Well, the chicken quesadillas are ready for dinner, so we are going eat. Rodney (the bum) went to ride his motorcycle right after lunch, and since he's not back I bet he went to the movies without me. If he saw the new Indiana Jones movie, he is in BIG trouble!
ETA: one of my baby chicks died just now. It was one of the Cuckoo Marans. He had a growth on it's behind, that we had noticed earlier this afternoon. I think it was preventing the chick from pooping. It's abdomen is all swollen now. Poor little thing. Hannah is a little upset, and wants to hold it, but I told her no. I moved it from one box to another. Hopefully, whatever it was, was not contagious.
No comments:
Post a Comment