Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday

We were up early this morning as I had my monthly OB appointment. I dropped the girls off with Rodney and headed into town. Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long today. I really don't like it when I have an appointment and they make me wait for an hour before even seeing me. Today I only had to wait 20 minutes. I wonder if it is because it is Thanksgiving week and most people were out of town??

Anyway, I lost weight, my iron is low, I have a sinus infection and the doctor FINALLY prescribed an antibiotic, which I had called for last week.

Rodney and Blake had welded some axles together to try and move the storage container closer to the septic tank and electricity, but the axles didn't work. Once they jacked up the container, lined up the axles and lowered the container, the axles began to bend in the middle. The I-beam just wasn't strong enough to hold the weight of the container. On to Plan B, which is make some skids, and have a friend try and tow the container using his LARGE tractor. He farms for a living, and has bigger machines/equipment than we have. If this doesn't work, we will have to pay someone to come out and move the container.

It was getting pretty chilly (43) by the time we headed home, so it was great to get here and light a fire in the wood stove. Hannah was cold, and took a bath right away to get the fleas out of her hair (she likes playing with the puppies, but they have too many fleas). She is now wearing her long underwear which she loves. She thinks she looks like a dancer LOL!

She is very funny and continuous to makes me laugh on a daily basis. She pronounced the water temperature of her bath as "perfect" and told me that there was "nuffin to do at daddy's work while I was at the doctor".

I checked my herbal medicine cabinet and I could have sworn I had 1 lb of elderberries, but I couldn't find it. I have an elderberry tincture, echinacea/goldenseal antibiotic tincture, 1/2 lb of Echinacea Root, 1/2 Nettle Leaf and 1/2 lb of Yarrow flowers. With the exception of Nettle Leaf, which helps nursing moms, the others are good for helping with infections, cold and upper respiratory phlegm. I checked online and the supplier I use is all out of elderberries. I will try Sun Harvest, but the Bulk Herbs is much cheaper.

No comments: