Tuesday, November 25, 2008

School Tax Increase Vote

Off to vote against the school board raising my taxes yet again. We just voted on this last year, but I guess those in power just can't handle the word "No". In my opinion, if you can't hand the $2.5 million dollars you already have, why would I give you more?

Stop increasing administration's and teacher's pay, cut down on the frills (like FOOTBALL) and actually TEACH, there would be more than enough money. Teacher's deserve the same pay as everyone else, and in my area they are getting it. Do the job you were hired to do for the pay you agreed, and stop giving the school officials a salary of over $100K, and we will have more than enough cash for such a small school district.

I like the idea of closing the schools. Give the responsibility back where it belongs, to the parents, to make sure their children are educated. Home school or private school would be WAY better than what we have now. Okay, I am not going to get off into a tirade about the public school system yet again. I don't have the time, need to go vote.

****

Okay, I am back. I had to stop by the grocery store to pick up a couple of items for Thanksgiving. I have almost everything, but needed a graham cracker crust. I was planning on making pumpkin pie, I would have made the crust for that, but Chocolate Cream Pie was requested, and I don't know how to make a graham cracker crust.

So far my menu for Thursday looks like this:

Turkey (no really!!)
Cornbread dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Green Beans
Rolls
Chocolate Pie
Molasses Cookies

Back to the grocery store story...I was in line to pay for my groceries. I was talking to the girls, and wasn't paying attention to the cashier. As I was approaching my turn to be checked out, I noticed she was scanning the items off of the computer, and she handed the lady in front of me some money. I thought she had accidentally included my items with the lady in front of me. The cashier immediately bagged my items and was handing them to me. Confused, I asked if she was going to scan them first. She told me that they had already been paid for by the woman in front of me. I was surprised and thrilled, as I am dreadfully short of money at this point. I hadn't bought much ($23.80 worth). This was such a blessing for me, and I wish I could have thanked the woman, but she left really fast. I live in a small town, and have seen her before, and actually we used to attend the same church a long time ago. I don't recall her name, but know that she works at the school, and her husband is a teacher.

My grocery items consisted of:

a box of Clementine oranges
1 quart of milk
2 tubs of Cool Whip
2 packages of brown and serve rolls (too lazy to make my own)
a jar of spaghetti sauce
graham cracker pie crust

That's it, but still a blessing none the less.

BREAKING NEWS - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081125/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_venezuela_russia

No comments: