Friday, November 28, 2008

Walmart Employee Killed in Black Friday Stampede

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html

I was shocked when I read this article, what is this world coming to? Just imagine if these people are willing to act like animals over a sale, what will they do when there is a food shortage, lack of jobs, etc. The ones knocking the man down, and those stepping all over him, need to be detained, arrested and charged with murder.

Please pray for this man's family.

I really hope that Walmart does the right thing and provides for this man's family. They didn't provide adequate security, so they are partially to blame, though the people carry the bulk of the responsibility.

***********************
I actually had the entire day to myself. This hasn't happened in a long time. Sometimes I get a couple of hours, but the girls and Rodney left with Blake around 8:30 a.m. this morning and didn't get home until 5 p.m.

I went to the credit union, and then to the closest Walmart. It wasn't crowded at all...I didn't even have to wait inline but walked right up to the cashier to pay for the few items I found. I was able to buy Lauren the Bratz doll plane set that she wanted along with Miley Cyrus' "Breakout" CD and Taylor Swift's CD (not sure of the name). I couldn't find the items on Hannah's list, so will have to order them off of the internet.

I had lunch with my sister April and her daughter at Chili's, which wasn't crowded either. It was amazing to be able to walk in there and get a table right away.

After lunch I came back home, and stopped by the grocery store. I was able to get a few needed items, and additional items on my stocking up list. When I buy something, I am trying to buy an extra at the same time and/or if I use up one at home, I buy two to replace it. Same concept.

I'd love more meat choices, but I just can't bring myself to buy any more tuna. I really hate tuna, canned chicken, Spam (I'm ok once in a while). There was even an entire chicken in a can..the concept kind of made my stomach turn, but being pregnant, not much sounds good to me at this time. I did look at a dried ham that was in the deli area in a cotton bag, but I am not sure how long they last before going bad. Not to mention it was $44.00. Kind of pricey. I have some meat in the freezer, but if the freezer goes out, I'm in a big bind. I'd need to cook it all and can it in order to save it.

No comments: