Saturday, November 22, 2008

Splitting Wood


It is supposed to get in the 30's tonight, and we only had five pieces of wood left on the back porch. Directly after a breakfast of pancakes and bacon ;-) we left for the land, where Rodney and I spent 3 hours getting more wood ready. Using the log splitter, Rodney split the wood and I stacked it in the pick up truck. We filled the entire bed of the truck.

Rodney chose to stack the wood on either side of the front door, which will be so helpful to me, as I won't have to walk down the steps into the backyard to get more wood. I have such a hard time stepping down or lifting my foot above ankle high. This baby is getting very heavy. I have about 2 months left to go, and can't wait.

Things I want to accomplish before then:

re-organize the nursery closet
wash all the cloth diapers and clothes
get several casseroles in the freezer
and get my buckets packed with dry goods

This afternoon Hannah and I made rice krispy treats for the first time (first time for Hannah). She was very amazed that she could make these at home, and that they didn't require cooking. She's so cute.

Tonight we are making cornbread muffins and chili for dinner, while sitting around the wood stove getting ready to watch the Old Fashioned Thanksgiving movie on the Hallmark Channel.

Have a good night everyone!

No comments: