Friday, November 14, 2008

The Weekend Is Here


You would think that since I don't work outside the home, that the weekends would be just another day for me, but they aren't. Rodney is normally home on those days, and we accomplish a lot of projects out at the land.

I had wanted to spend the night at the cabin, but with the temperatures expected to be in the low 30's in the a.m., I didn't want to freeze my hiney off in a cabin that has no heat as of yet.

We were out tonight to feed the animals. Rodney brought some hay home, and we put some in the dog house, chicken coop, rabbit cage, and stacked the hay on the side of the coop. It didn't actually accomplish my goal, as I wanted to prevent the wind from blowing into the coop from the North end, but unfortunately Rodney opened one bale before he stacked it, and it is in the back of the truck still. So, if I had known I would have brought a tarp to attach to that end of the coop to help keep the wind out.

The plan is to clean house in the a.m., and then head out to the land to clean up the land. We want to get all the trash picked up, the area raked, wood stacked, barn organized and hopefully get the cabin floor painted. I picked up the paint today, it is a forest green color. Who knows what will actually happen in the a.m., or how much will get completed.

The front has blow in, and it is extremely windy tonight. The wind is blowing so hard, it makes the tree branches sound like rain on the dining room garden window.

The girls and I set out this morning to run our errands. Our first stop was at IHOP for breakfast. I bought one pancake platter and an extra order of bacon, and we shared. None of us eat very much. Our next stop was the local cake shop, where I picked up 10 food grade buckets with lids to pack my flour, sugar, and other dry goods into. I need to wash the buckets and take the dry goods out of the freezer to come to room temperature. We circled around the loop and stopped at Academy to pick up ammunition. I was out of shotgun shells, and I needed to get a box of cartridges for Rodney to go deer hunting. The girls and I then went to Walmart and I purchased flannel to make baby blankets. I also bought them 2 yards of fleece each to hem and make a blanket for them. They really like the fleece. Hannah left her My Little Pony fleece blanket at the hotel last weekend, and was really upset. The pattern she picked out today was Hannah Montana, while Lauren picked out a red High School Musical pattern. I got the 2 yards instead of 1 yard I normally do, since the girls are much bigger and longer now. Next on my list is to start hemming the flannel for the baby blankets, and finish crocheting my baby afghan. I am about half way done. I never seem to work on it, so I really hope it's done by the time the baby gets here. I'd like to bring him home from the hospital wrapped in it.

That's about it for our day. Have a good weekend!

No comments: