
Yesterday, I spent most of the day in bed as my sinus infection was worse. Hannah sat beside me and we worked in her math workbook. She is doing really well with addition and subtraction. Lauren read most of the day. She was able to finish the Little Princess book and is getting ready to start Anne of Green Gables next. At least that is my plan.
This morning I was up early, after getting zero sleep last night, due to coughing all night. We headed over to a play date with Bonita and her children. Her little girl is only a year older than Hannah, and they LOVE playing Barbies. Today when we arrived we were greeted by the month old goat triplets. They came "baaaiing" around the house led by the Doberman. It was a cute sight. The triplets soon ran off, and kept peeking at us around the corner of the house.
We had lunch of chicken noodle soup. Bonita's little boy wasn't feeling well, and slept on her lap all day. He is such a cutie. I love his blonde, curly hair and ruddy face.
The girls went out to the sheep/goat pasture and chased the baby animals, and basically just ran all over after the dogs, kittens, geese and such. They are always mad to have to leave her house.
I am really glad that I met Bonita, as she will be really close once we move to the land. That's pretty cool, not to mention we like a lot of the same things, and she's a Christian which is wonderful too. I like the fact that she can teach me how to butcher my own animals, which I hope to be able to do once the baby is born, if not sooner. I just need Rodney to get a deer, and to get some meat chickens to butcher in the Spring. Bonita has some Cornish broilers that are a really good choice, and that I have been thinking of getting for a while, but they really need to be butchered once they reach a certain age/weight or they end up having problems due to their heavy size. And since I don't currently know how to do it myself, Bonita said she'd teach me. Plus, once my meat rabbit production starts in full swing she'll show me how to do that too. She actually processes her own deer/hog, etc., instead of sending to the butcher, which will prove to be a big money saver, IF I can learn how.
Rodney is supposed to go hunting between December 8th-12th on a guided hunt. Hopefully, he will be able to get two does, which will definitely help fill the freezer. Now if he can just get a hog also, we can make sausage.
Bonita and I sat talking for several hours on her back porch while the kids ran around, it was really nice to rest from my normal hectic days. She also lent me a box of really great Thanksgiving and Texas History picture/story books that the girls and I can read next week.
Well, I'm off to read, hope everyone is having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment