Stayed home all day and cleaned, threw things away and made a yard sale pile. I have a smaller pile of books I've chosen to keep (I am addicted to books). I used to be a romance novel reader, for years, since about 12 years of age. The past 3 years I have switched to compiling a homestead library. Anything to do with farming, self reliance, preparedness, building, etc.
We managed to get the living room mostly done, I just need to take the items I am keeping to the land. The girls and I headed to the land to feed the animals. We now have shelves in the bathroom, which frees up an entire shelf in the pantry. We also now have a new dead bolt on the cabin door.
Monday, the Direct TV installer will be coming to move the satellite service. I tried to sign up with their Internet service, but they don't provide it in my area. I'll be calling my electric company and taking advantage of their Wild Blue service in a couple of weeks.
Baeta popped the girls swimming pool. Apparently she was excited over the water being drained, in preparation for it to be moved to more level ground, and bit it three times. We will patch it, but it'll never be the same again. I'd really love a bigger and better pool in the future (next 2-3 years) along with one of those wooden play sets. I've been wanting one for about 5 years now, but it never happened. With living so far out, and away from playgrounds, the girls and James will really need something to occupy their time, if they are to stay out of trouble.
I'd also like a tennis court. Our ground is hard enough that we could do it, just need the lines and the net. Of course I'd love a REAL tennis court, but think that is out of the realm of possibility. But who knows what will happen in the years ahead.
Well, off to bed, church tomorrow. Have a great Sabbath everyone!
2 comments:
Hi Amy, Have you looked into Hughe's satellite internet? That's what we use and it seems to work well though last night it had a hard time connecting. That's probably due to sunspot activity or something. Join the farm bureau and register as a farm and you can get a great deal through Agristar. (Plus you can buy "Farm" items tax free)
Yes, and I was under the impression that they had service everywhere, but when I called they told me no. I will be signing up for the Wild Blue through our electrical cooperative. Kind of worried about the NAIS registration so I am trying to stay clear of being registered as a FARM, though I will consider it if the NAIS is eventually done away with altogether, especially in Texas. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. I'll definitely need some sort of contact/access to the outside world.
Post a Comment