Monday, October 26, 2009


The kittens are on the prowl, again, and getting very rambunctious.

Co-op was canceled for the day, so we took advantage of the free day and went to the laundromat.  I was able to get the majority of the laundry done.  I plan to go back in the morning and wash a few blankets.  I think I will cover the washer and dryer with a tarp for the winter.  It takes entirely too long to wash and dry clothes in this cooler weather.  We'll just go to the laundromat for a while.

We met the tenant at the house and gave her a copy of the lease and gave her the keys to the house.  There are a few repairs to be completed and cleaning to be done.  We'll get started on that tomorrow afternoon.  We did stay at the house and the girls finished their schoolwork.  Had dinner in town, and then came home to put the laundry away.  The girls bundled up (very cold out here, compared to in town) and played in the mud while I cleaned.  James sat on the rug in front of the wood stove, while I threw stuff away, brought in wood, put most of the laundry away, and started cleaning the bedroom.  The kitchen needs to be done, and a few storage boxes put in the barn, then I'll be done. 

Applied for a job at USAA that my friend Lorie told me about.

It is supposed to be 46 tonight, so we'll see how the heaters hold out here in the bedroom.  I keep forgetting to get another heater for the bathroom.  They are $9 at Lowe's, and it works very well.  I may get two after I get paid this week.  Checking into a space at the local flea market, it is an inside booth with a door.  That way I can have a place for selling stuff, if it isn't too expensive to rent.

Off to take care of the baby.

**************
I forgot to say it started raining early this morning, and continued to rain until this evening. It was also quite chilly too.  Very cold!  Started a fire in the wood stove, and it is keeping the front room quite comfortable.  The heaters in the bedroom (yes I have two) one by the door, and one that blows across the bed under the lot.  This keeps the bed area nice and warm.  Since it is supposed to so cold tonight, I may hang a blanket across the bed opening to keep the warm air inside.  Good thing I finished the laundry so everyone has their warm pjs and thick socks to wear.  I wish I would have washed the blankets earlier, they would have really helped.  But I hadn't checked the weather until tonight.

Things to do:

go to post office, mail package
call and get estimate or exterminator
rent carpet cleaner
clean blue house
clean cabin
sort through laundry and get rid of old/too small, etc.


No comments: