It's been a great couple of days. I've been systematically cleaning, though there is still too much in here. The rain doesn't help, as I have stuff stacked in here out of the weather, and I am delayed in moving stuff to the barn. But other than that, I feel like I have gotten a lot completed.
The church is supposed to be out here tomorrow, and I am in no way ready. I wanted to have the house clean, but so far, I have managed to get the dishes done, and the bathroom cleaned. I've been washing clothes, but with the damp weather, I have stopped. The clothes are taking too long to dry on the line. I am kind of embarrassed at the condition of the barn, and while I know they are coming out to help me, I am still embarrassed. I have locked the goats up, and they can stay in the pen tomorrow while everyone is here..
I have the no trespassing and beware of dogs signs posted at the gate, and in the window of the cabin. I have one motion sensor installed, but need another done, hopefully tomorrow.
The girls and I stopped at a local flea market today and Lauren found two large fire place logs/fire starter type for $1. They are way more expensive at HEB. I can cut each of these into three pieces and it will help get the fire underway.
Looking for ideas of what to cook. I'd like to start organizing my pantry and sorting through my food stores to make sure I have enough on hand. So far, I am good to go with dry goods, I am just waffling on filling the freezer.
I am applying for a couple of jobs, two part time and one full time. We'll see what pans out.
Please pray for a friend of mine who has had a recent death in his family, they need prayer for strength and traveling safety.
2 comments:
Wanted to share our experience with one of those fire starter logs just in case =)
We got a box of them a couple years ago thinking that if we need to start the fire quickly this would be easiest. Well they definitely start up quick but they also burn VERY hot! Our stove pipe was darn near red! And the creosote build up was horrible.
Later we read the side of it more and seen that it wasn't supposed to be used in closed fireplaces or wood stoves. But we still chopped them up into real small pieces to use as fire starters - just no full logs! LOL! (also they are great for tough to burn outside stuff)
Although at Walmart we was able to find a log that you could use in a wood stove. It was made from something natural, but I can't remember now what it was. They cost a little more than the others but the trade off was worth it! Cause sometimes you just don't want to mess with building and coaxing a fire =)
Your doing so great! Don't worry about how things look, usually we are harsher on ourselves than anyone =) Hope today went well!
Thanks! These are HUGE logs, so I will definitely be chopping them up, normally we rarely buy these, and use the fires starters to start the fire, at least for the past ten years. But now that I am alone and on a limited income, I was so happy to find these logs...cutting them up will give me several fire starts. Thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment