Monday, October 26, 2009

More "Hannah-isms" and Prayers for Lauren

On the way home yesterday, the topic came around to my going to work full time, if ever it happens.  Hannah said "yeah, once James is weaned."  Lauren told her "you don't even know what that word means." My niece, Leighann asked "what is weaned?".  Hannah said "it's when the baby doesn't drink milk anymore from it's mother, like Sophie and the puppies."  Lauren and LeighAnn just looked at each other.  So, I guess a six year old does know what the word "weaned" means, and an 11 year old learned it's meaning too.  LOL!

The plan is to try and wean him to a cup by 1 year old, but still nurse him in the morning and at night.  We'll see how it goes, and what James' plans are for himself. 

Lauren has been having nightmares the past few nights.  I think she has been seeing too many scary movies.  I had to tell the girls to stop watching them on tv (October seems to be prime time for these movies to be inserted on regular programming).  I am diligently patrolling and not allowing them unlimited access to the television.  I think they also saw a scary movie the other night at the theater as both girls have been talking about it, and have been having dreams and nightmares.  Lauren's dream last night was about "demons" she said. She woke up and was scared, so we prayed and asked God to protect her mind while she slept.  She was fine the rest of the night.    So we had a long talk about demons today, and before bed tonight she asked me to pray for her again, so we did, praying for Hannah too, just in case. 

No comments: