Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grocery and Prepping List

I like to combine the two, because I really try to store foods that we eat on a regular basis. This is made doubly hard by my kid's finickiness and food allergies. I would like to say I encourage and often force my kids to taste something new. My mom reinforced this when she was here in January by telling them they can"t say they don"t like something if they have never even tried it

I am working on filling in a few small holes in my pantry.

So for this month I will be purchasing the following items:


25 lbs of flour (mine got ate up by weevils in the move) and then store it correctly -bought 10 lbs
25 lbs of corn (Walton feed) - bought 5 lbs of cornmeal
25 lbs Oatmeal (in cans, find out where) - I love oatmeal in the winter, plus oatmeal cookies are wonderful
the store only had instant, will try later
5 lbs of pasta - DONE
6 lbs assorted noodles (egg noodles) -DONE
1 can of dehydrated eggs ( i really LOVE these, they are great in baking)
canned butter
25 lb sugar - bought 10 lbs, out of bigger bags
10 storage buckets with lids (check cake shop)
1 48 oz bottle of veg oil - DONE
1 16 oz bottle of olive oil (for medicinal use) - DONE
10 lbs of salt - DONE

20 lbs meat - DONE
1 case green beans
1 case corn
1 case tomatoes - DONE
dried fruit
jelly/jam
syrup - DONE
1 large bag of candy (hard, no chocolate!)

*fill up one more 5 gallon gas can
get four wheeler fixed
buy one case of motor oil
fill water reservoir on car to clean windows
clean out trunk of car
target practice with 12 ga.
call dr. get meds filled

We stopped at a local flea market again today and I managed to pick up three more small area rugs for $1. This now covers the entire floor from door to bedroom. I am aiming to keep the floor covered for the winter. I also managed to find an entire set of old mason jars still in their box for a couple of bucks, an old metal cake pan, and three crockery bowls. I am always in need of bowls. That's about it..trying to limit my spending to only useful/needed items. They did have a good apartment (stackable) washer and dryer set that I would love to have. I think the would fit better in the cabin, but the price is too high, and I have a brand new washer/dryer I'll have to make do with...


No comments: