I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. It's been a busy day.
Today was the day for the church to come out and help out around the farm. I was up early and made breakfast for the early crew. Bacon, Egg and Cheese tacos, plus I had cocoa, hot tea and oj. Was able to light a small fire in the living room to take the chill off the air, it was very nice, though a lot of mud, dirt, and wetness was tracked in. I'll deal with that another day. It was primarily the men, but my sister, Pastor's wife and daughter did come out also. The guys got the grass cut down on about an acre that surrounds the house. The Pastor (Kelly) did come across one rattlesnake. It was about 2 feet long and was shedding it's skin, but due to the rain and cold this morning (that was NOT in the forecast, supposed to be 80 and sunny), it didn't move, and my BIL picked it up by hand, and it didn't do much. It was right near the house. We find most of them right where the kids play and walk the most. It's just crazy.
My BIL mentioned bringing five calves over to eat the rest of the grass, and in exchange I would get one of the calves to butcher. We'll see how it works out.
Kelly and Randy (BIL) were able to install the motion sensor light for the front door area, so now it comes on when I pull up. So added with the motion sensor light inside, I am good to go.
The girls (me, Cheryl (PW) and sister April moved the stuff i was saving into the barn. I now have a lovely pile of stuff to go to the dump, once my truck is back on the road. I need the brake lights repaired, inspected and new tags, then I can take several loads of trash.
A good hot cocoa day. After the work day we had lunch, the I headed into town to stay at April's the rest of the day and use her washer/dryer. With the rain, it is next to impossible to get the laundry done. I have been trying to at least keep towels and diapers washed, but it takes so long for everything to dry. It was nice to get most of it done. I plan to finish the rest tomorrow, which consists of socks and underwear. I spent 5 hours at her house, arriving home at around 10:30 or so.
We are now holed up in the toasty warm bedroom (glad I left the heater on, and the bedroom door shut) under the blankets. The kids are sleeping and I am getting ready to head there myself.
I'd like to get some of the roofing tin set up in the goat pen to provide more shelter for them from the rain. I also need some bedding to help with added warmth. I'll check into that tomorrow.
A few more projects for me:
organize barn
divide up sides
take rabbit to a friend's
clean up behind cabin
Start sewing - have items to finish for a friend plus the girls and James need warm pjs

No comments:
Post a Comment