Well, someone hacked my blog and left VERY interesting pictures on here, subsequently I have lost the last few entries I posted. I don't remember what I posted about.
Today we made it to the bookstore at exactly 8 a.m. The girls spent some time on the Internet, but also did their school work. We were there for 4 hours, so took advantage of the time and quiet to have them do some extra lessons. I've been reading about how the kids should at least do school work 6 days a week, this is supposed to keep their brains active. Today they did Math and Reading. A math lesson takes about an hour to complete, and Lauren has finally moved into the next Saxon Math level. She is also reading through the American Girl - Felicity series. She is just about done. She is also starting the Abeka 7th grade health text this next week.
Hannah is doing very well with her addition facts, and we are starting the Abeka 3rd grade health text. We've read through the others. We are also continuing our lessons in How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
I sure wish I had a separate room or school house that could be devoted totally to school work. Hopefully I can have this in the future. It will greatly help keep their work organized, and give us a place to store learning aids, like maps, globes, microscopes, and other science experiment stuff.
We headed to Hondo this afternoon, actually between Hondo and Bandera. I had an interview as a ranch cook, only for the hunting season and on weekends. It pays very well, and I get to take the children with me, if I am chosen. The ranch is very nice, though there isn't an actual house. More like a huge Metal Barn, that has dorms in it, a very nice kitchen, and outdoor kitchen and seating area. There were also numerous cabins sprinkled around the property.
We stopped by the blue house to continue cleaning. We'll head over in the morning also. Prospective renters are supposed to come out tomorrow afternoon.
It's a little chilly tonight, 54 so far, and James has fallen asleep early. He has a long day poor baby. I feel really bad about dragging him around with me. He does nap during the day, but he is happiest in his own bed and surroundings.
Housecleaning and laundry is on the list for tomorrow afternoon, working, school work and caring for James takes up a lot of time, and doesn't leave much time for cleaning anymore. I remember working full time and then coming home and cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids. I often wouldn't get to bed until after midnight. I find that I am more tired, so it must be an age thing, because I don't feel up to doing as much. If I ever work full time outside the home again, I am definitely going to have to hire someone to come in and clean and help with the kids, because I just can't do it all. Everyone wonders why I am grumpy, well it's because I am tired. You'd be tired too if you only received 3 hours of sleep a day.
I've been sorting through the kid's stuff and taking out those clothes that are just worn out and too small. It sure pares down the amount of clothes they have, and the amount I have to wash. It just means I have to wash more. They definitely need more socks, and Hannah desperately needs some jeans that fit her. She has grown too tall the past few months. We'll check the thrift store in Natalia next weekend, and if not head to Walmart. Maybe they will have some one sale, and she can get one or two pairs.
Lauren has a costume party next weekend to attend. It is her friend's birthday party. We went by the costume shop in San Antonio this afternoon, and Lauren found a costume that she wanted, so we got it. Good thing my boss paid me before he went out of town, or Lauren would have been out of luck.
We also will be attending the Fall Festival at a church in San Antonio, and helping out with the games and food booths. I need to get with the people at church to find out what needs to be done.
Well, off to wash dishes and clean the bathroom while the baby is asleep. I think I'll light a fire too, it's very chilly in here, and my feet are freezing.
4 comments:
I had someone hack my blog a couple of years ago and then some started using the comment section to put in links for porn. So I changed my passwords and made them harder to do. Someone hacked my email account and used it to send out lots of spam too. Watch for spyware cause that's how they get your passwords. I missed the pictures but that's probably a good thing. We love you guys so say hi to the girls for us.
Thanks Bob, didn't think about changing my password. It's a pretty hard one to just guess, but I figured someone knew how to get in without the password. Thanks for the tip, I'll go ahead and change it now.
Tell Cherie hi, and take it easy please. I don't want you hurting yourself. Love ya too and miss you! Hope to be able to get over there in the next few months. Let me know what you are looking for, put a list on your blog, kind of like my Christmas wish list, so if I run across anything I can bring it to you.
Amy, love to you and the kiddos. You are in my prayers daily! Let me know if you are going to be on the North East side any time soon. Marie
Triple check on the spyware cause that's how they can steal your passwords no matter how complex
Post a Comment