Saturday, October 31, 2009

Today was a busy day, though good.  We were at the new store until about 2 p.m.  Then we came home to rest and get ready for the Fall Festival that we were working at tonight.  The girls had lots of fun, and Lauren won first place in the costume contest.  She was Holly Hobbie.  She won a $25 gift card to Toys R Us.  Hannah was upset, but she won 6th today at the Antique Mall and received a necklace and earrings.  But being 6 she was very upset.

James had lots of fun, and was very animated, laughing and eating lollipops.  He fell asleep around 8 p.m., and slept for an hour in the stroller.  We arrived home right before 10 p.m.

I lit a fire in the stove, turned on the heater in the bathroom, and have left the door open, then have both small space heaters on here in the bedroom.  We use duct tape and taped baby quilts to the wall under the loft, and then I hung a curtain over the bed opening.  It is nice and toasty in there now.  The kids are all asleep.  Much better than last night.  We got home late and went to bed straight away, which was a big mistake.  It was cold all night.  So now I know that when it is below 50 in here, how I need to handle it.  I will be hanging more quilts on the wall in the bedroom.  Just one more wall left, then I will hang a quilt on the wall outside the bathroom.  Kind of like tapestries in castles along time ago.  Helps to serve as insulation and the drafts off the cold walls are much less, and greatly helps keep the room warm. Now, if only the goats would go to sleep and stop thumping against the back wall.  I think I will start locking them up again at night in the pen with Bo.  Because I don't like them climbing all over the car, and jumping against the cabin.

If I had more money I'd keep them in the pen all the time and feed them, but letting them out to roam and eat, I don't have to buy feed at this time.  I'd really like to fence in the back field and keep them out behind the barn, but I lack the ability at this time.  My other option is to finish organizing the barn, and fence off one side of the barn so I can pen them up there at night.  The pen is really too small for all of them, plus they have tore up the chicken coop. Goats are very destructive, though they are fun and lovable.  I just don't like all the destruction. 


No comments: