Thursday, October 8, 2009

Country Girls

You know you live in the country when your girls come running in screaming about the goats. Lauren told me that the boy goat was trying to "make babies with her". This made Hannah (6 yrs old) laugh and say "those would be ugly looking babies". Ah, country girls, they know too much sometimes.

They spent the morning stalking through the tall grass playing spy. (I would have said no if they would have asked - rattlesnakes.)

Playing with the goats, chasing the chickens, running with a pack of dogs, tracking in mud, smelling like sweat and grass, all these are things you would associate with boys, but my girls, are country girls.

*************
Feeling much better today. Took some herbal meds, aspirin, o.j. and slept for a long time. Still tired, but don't feel like I am going to die like I did last night.

2 comments:

Bob Westbrook said...

Good to hear, must have been one of the 24 hour flues.

Amy E said...

That's what my mom thinks...I was worried about being sick for a long time due to caring for the kids alone but as usual God provides.