Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Baking Day vs. Errand Day

Today is my regularly scheduled baking day, but I am so many things to accomplish, it became errand day instead.

I was up early and we were off to the county seat to get the new tags for the dually. Then rushing Taylor to college, where we waited the hour for his class to finish. In the car, the girls worked on their school work and then played in the grass beside the car using acorns as babies and leaves as furniture.

Next on the agenda was taking Taylor to his golf class, and waiting, again, for his golf class to be over.

I had to rush home, get dinner, and head out to meet my sister. We were going over to my dad's former work to pick up his personal belongings and his last paycheck. We had made arrangements to meet him at 6 pm. We arrived at 5:45 and the building was locked up tight. We called him, and he sent someone over to open the door so we could get his things. I had thought we were packing up his stuff, but it had been done. Two little boxes of personal stuff, that's it. The owner wouldn't hand over his check, as we didn't have my dad's uniforms, which he had told us previously he didn't want back. Now, he wants over $500 for them! We were more than a little upset, and my sister told him he needed to be reasonable. Legally, he can't hold his paycheck indefinitely, and if necessary deduct the cost of the uniforms and send me the difference.

Well, before I could get back home his wife called me. I felt she was basically threatening me and wanting me to pay her some money she claims my dad owed them for a personal loan they made to him. I informed her to forward a copy of the document to me and I would add them to the list of debts I have to pay...if there is enough money they would get paid.....well, she was kind of implying that I needed to pay it out of the life insurance money, which I am not doing.

It didn't go well, as she kept getting uglier and uglier. We'll see how this turns out.

On a side note, please pray for my son...lots of issues there, but all prayer is appreciated. Thanks!

No comments: