Questions: What steps can we take to begin to nourish our souls on a more regular basis instead of hurrying through our devotions? What does it mean to "meditate" on God's Word? What happens when we don't take time to spend with the Lord?
These are the questions from today's devotional. I receive an email every day with a devotional. The verse for today is Psalms 119:15 "I will mediate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways." (KJV) My KJV was the handiest today.
I am very guilty of rushing through my devotional, assuming that I have kept my time with God. In reality, I have just been throwing a couple of minutes his way. For this I am sorry, and feel extremely guilty. I am sitting here thinking that I know what God's laws are as they apply to my daily life, but I choose not to dwell on them, and force them to the back of my mind, so that I don't have to confront the sin in my life.
Here are my responses to the questions above:
The steps that I can take to help nourish my souls and that of my children on a regular basis are not hurrying through my devotions, devoting more time, looking for devotions that I can easily apply to my life, and meditating, really thinking on what God is trying to tell me in His word.
To me, to mediate on God's word, means to sit and carefully analyze what he is saying to me, and how I can apply it to my life.
When we don't take time to spend with the Lord, our days seem void of meaning, and we become easily frustrated when presented with trials, tribulations and temptations.
Just like with our physical food, we need to make sure we chew our spiritual food, so that we can easily digest the word of God and it will be useful for our spiritual bodies.
No comments:
Post a Comment