
I just wanted to say Happy Anniversary to my sister and brother in law, Ann and Ronnie. Ann is a year younger than me, but she has been married longer. She and Ronnie celebrate their 21st anniversary today.
This is a slow schoolwork week. We finished the last chapter in the Little House book and the curriculum provides an extra week before moving on to catch up on any unfinished activities. We didn't have any, so I have only been doing my bare minimum with the girls. Which includes reading, writing and math. Lauren read a chapter in her "Judy Moody" book, wrote her spelling words three times each in cursive, and did a page of math in her workbook. Yesterday, I read to the girls out of a Manners for Girls etiquette book, and Lauren and I discussed the "birds and the bees" a Christian sex education book titled "How You Are Changing" by Jane Graver. It is geared for the 8-11 year old. I used an earlier book in the "God's Design for Sex" series when she was 5 and I was pregnant with Hannah. I also have the next book in that series titled "What's the Big Deal? Why God Cares About Sex" by Stan and Brenna Jones. We will be using these two books for our "science" curriculum.
I have been adamant about talking to all of my children about sex in general, body changes and such, as my mother didn't discuss this with any of us, just handed us a book. I guess she expected us to read it and ask questions, but that wasn't too reasonable to expect. It was her job to make sure we knew what we needed to know, and well, she didn't. This is the only area of complaint I can make about her when I was growing up. She did a good job otherwise. I am not just saying that because she reads this, but because it is true. My parents were good parents, a little strict, but it was effective. All five of us grew up to be productive members of the church and society.
Time to head into town to pick up Taylor from school, so gotta run.
This is a slow schoolwork week. We finished the last chapter in the Little House book and the curriculum provides an extra week before moving on to catch up on any unfinished activities. We didn't have any, so I have only been doing my bare minimum with the girls. Which includes reading, writing and math. Lauren read a chapter in her "Judy Moody" book, wrote her spelling words three times each in cursive, and did a page of math in her workbook. Yesterday, I read to the girls out of a Manners for Girls etiquette book, and Lauren and I discussed the "birds and the bees" a Christian sex education book titled "How You Are Changing" by Jane Graver. It is geared for the 8-11 year old. I used an earlier book in the "God's Design for Sex" series when she was 5 and I was pregnant with Hannah. I also have the next book in that series titled "What's the Big Deal? Why God Cares About Sex" by Stan and Brenna Jones. We will be using these two books for our "science" curriculum.
I have been adamant about talking to all of my children about sex in general, body changes and such, as my mother didn't discuss this with any of us, just handed us a book. I guess she expected us to read it and ask questions, but that wasn't too reasonable to expect. It was her job to make sure we knew what we needed to know, and well, she didn't. This is the only area of complaint I can make about her when I was growing up. She did a good job otherwise. I am not just saying that because she reads this, but because it is true. My parents were good parents, a little strict, but it was effective. All five of us grew up to be productive members of the church and society.
Time to head into town to pick up Taylor from school, so gotta run.
No comments:
Post a Comment