Today was my day to bring the refreshments for church. I didn't like the look of the orange frosted donuts left at the local grocery store, so I took a 1/2 gallon of milk, blueberry muffins, banana nut muffins, mini cherry danishes and a fruit tray. It seemed to go over well. At least it was something different.
We talked more about the fruits of the spirit today. When the pastor asked someone to define kindness, a church member said doing something for someone even when you don't have to....my son was sitting beside me and he laughed and said you do that all the time. That really touched me. I mean, I am not the perfect mom, and more lately it seems he is in trouble more than not. Being a teenager I didn't think he noticed anything outside of his interests, but he did. I don't like to talk about the things I do for others, I just do as God prompts me.
Today was a very relaxing day. We had dinner in town, and then came back home where I watched movies and worked on the computer doing homework, and updating the church website.
Have lots to do tomorrow, so I had better get to bed. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment