I was able to pick up 7 bantam chickens from the young man I purchased my original Cuckoo Marans. I now have one Japanese Oriental Bantam rooster with two hens, and 3 Turken hens and one turken rooster. They are so cute and friendly. The Turkens are very strange looking. One laid an egg right beside the coop. It's is tiny! The other chickens have been laying eggs everywhere except the nesting boxes. Very frustrating to say the least. Lauren and I have found them laying in the hay in the barn, by the wagon, under the leanto in the coop, under the coop and just out in the open. They appear to be laying more now that they are free ranging and not cooped up in a small pen.
I also lucked into a free Pyr pup. He will be delivered on Saturday when the owner gets back from out of town. He was out with his cattle, and he couldn't catch him. He is 5 months old. I'll need to get him fixed soon, as I don't really want any half Rottie/Pyr pups.
I am on the hunt for more goats.
Still working on my project. I've applied for a job online, and this is my paid test project. It is re-vamping a Businss Plan and is due on Sunday evening. I am starting to get a little stressed. I have been reading and researching on how to do a business plan, sorting through the notes, and I had Lauren (yes Lauren) work up a diagram using the paint function. I was faxed a handwritten diagram, and Lauren is much more proficient in paint than I am. I cannot draw a straight line in it.
I also received a call from one of the local school districts regarding the bus driver position I applied for. I am to go get my finger prints done.. Not happy about it, but I figure since the government already has them, it's too late to be incognito. I don't really want this job, but I am considering all options and applying for a variety of things.
I've applied for several other jobs on ODesk, these are all short term projects, so I'll consistently apply to make sure I can get something on a regular basis. At this moment I am allowed to apply for 5 a week.
We received some rain this evening, just a light sprinkling. When I was taking Taylor back home I was caught in a downpour at his grandparents. It was wonderful! I rushed back to get everything picked up and put away before it hit here. We just made it. I parked the car in the barn too, just in case we received any hail. We didn't, but it was better to be safe.
Re-arranged the house a little today. I put the trunk outside the bathroom door, moved the dresser to the bedroom, and set up a folding table to work from. It has enough room to work on the computer from, plus set up my sewing area. I am getting things together to sew some flannel baby blankets, diapers, bibs, and baby dresses. There is a craft show in November that I "plan" to attend. With the wireless in the cabin now, I can sit in the back bedroom, which is the coolest room during the day. In the hottest part of the day, I can sit in the blanketed area with the AC and work from my laptop. Praise God for my nephew and his gift of the wireless router! He doesn't know how much he has helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment