Today was our registration day for the Home School Co-op. The day started off bad as I woke up at 6 a.m. and the power had been out for about an hour (I could tell because my laptop battery died around the time I got up, it only lasts an hour unplugged.) I called the electric co-op at 8:30 a.m. to ask when I should expect the power to be restored. They had no idea. I was on the way to the barn to get the generator and plug the refrigerator in before leaving when the power came back on. I really need to get everything set up, so when this happens I can go right out and plug it in. It's on the list. I met a couple of interesting people today at the Home School Co-op, and one or two strange ones. Always one in every bunch. ;-)
Lauren managed to get the classes she wanted, and Hannah wasn't too picky. We had lunch with Bonita and the kids at McDonald's afterward. The playground is always a hit for the little ones.
I spent a good hour this afternoon cutting out most of the mats on Bo's fur. I then washed him. He was very scared at first, but calmed down and actually seemed to be enjoying it towards the end. He looks much better tonight, all white and fluffier. His hair will have to grow back in, and I need to brush him. He wasn't really cared for before, and is in horrible shape grooming wise. He is getting very friendly with the girls, and is hanging out around the front door with the other dogs. The little dogs don't seem to be taking to him very well, though Baeta seems to like him well enough.
One of my goats is sick, he has issues with his male parts, hope he doesn't die. I plan to give him some herbal meds tomorrow, and try and get a closer look at him, if I can catch him in the morning before I start work for the day.
We did a lot of laundry this afternoon, it's sorted and folded and put away, plus we cleaned up tonight so it will be done in the a.m., and I can get straight to work. Lauren did the living area, Hannah the bathroom (she was not happy), I did the bedroom and the kitchen.
I have a few phone calls to make to New York in the a.m., plus print out some documents. Not looking forward to it, as I don't have great phone reception in the cabin, and am running out of ink.
I also went through James' clothes and sorted out the ones that are too small to give to a woman I met today at the Co-op. She has eight children! I am always impressed when people have many children and they are well behaved. I met another woman with six as well.
Well, gotta go, bed is calling.
No comments:
Post a Comment