I have forgotten how hard and tiring it is to work, as well as, take care of a house and the kids. The only bright spot in the entire situation is being able to do this from home. Right now I am working 8 hour days, almost for free, while I am in training. It has been stressful and I am not handling it well, the baby cries a lot, and I have to have Lauren watch him while I make calls. She is not happy with the situation. Once I start getting paid I may take him to the daycare in the nearest small town for a couple of hours each day or a couple of times a week. I don't want to do this, but have no clue what to do....I am hoping he learns to entertain himself on a blanket at my feet while I work. So far, he can do this for five minutes. He sleeps great at night. I wish I could do everything at night.
A run down of my weekend. Cleaned out the barn some, need to move the rubber maid tubs that are in the field covered with a tarp into the barn. A lot of tools and stuff were moved out this weekend, which leaves me room for this....
A rabbit died, as well as, the last two puppies and Thomas (did I already mention this?) That is a lot to die this week. Thomas was hit by a car, the rabbit I have no clue, unless it was heat related. They are so delicate. The two puppies just finally died. That made all of them, I think it had to a genetic issue. We kept them cool, cleaned, fed, vitamined up and watered, but they just couldn't walk correctly and they were 6 weeks old. I guess it was a mixed blessing. The kids are upset, but that's life on a farm I guess, but heart breaking a little for the girls.
Came home from being gone all day Sunday to find that the goats tore up the barn. They ate a lot of the carboard boxes, scattered my scrapbooking stuff everywhere, knocked over the feed containers and generally made a mess. Lauren and I dragged the two excess gates over to enclose the barn opening. I didn't have any wire cutters or wire, so I used rope to tie one gate to the pole on one side, the other one is tied to the chicken coop. Lauren and I move the middle to open and close it..It'll do for now until I can figure out how to get it attached better.
I unpacked a tub of the girls school things, but can't find the last tub. More than likely it will be the last tub I come to, that's the way my life works.
Chores I'd like to get done this weekend are:
clean out under the rabbit cages and take manure to garden area, and till it in.
learn how to mix the fuel for the tiller
water the pasture
pick up mulch from sister
move dryer to barn (I don't have a 220 plug, and I'll probably never get it done now.)
move the washer inside the cabin, not really a lot of room, but I am not looking forward to washing clothes outside in the winter.
clean out cabin, remove all stuff away from wood stove
put up curtains to cover pantry
mop floor
wash clothes
re-arrange computer desk
start sewing hats for craft show
Well, I am off to clean up the front room before bed. See ya later!

No comments:
Post a Comment