Sunday, August 30, 2009

We had our monthly fellowship at church this afternoon. The last swim of the season, the pool closes next month.

Killed two rattlesnakes today, one was a teeny baby.

The Pyr pup we have named Bo, meaning loyal and trustworthy, since Pyrs are supposed to be. We let Bo out of the kennel today. He and Baeta made fast friends, though she has put him in his place and is clearly the top dog still. He is her same size and is 5 months old, she just turned 3 on my dad's birthday. We couldn't find him earlier but he had made himself a little cave in the dried out portion of the pond and used the cat tails. Lauren wanted to go in and make herself a house but I nixed that idea. Too many snake around here. I would have liked to go in there too, but safety and life prevails.

We have homeschool co-op in the morning. We are excited and raring to go. Hannah is going to take a Math, and Bible Art course. Lauren wants to take Basic Watercolors, Sewing and Tennis. We'll see what is available when we register tomorrow.

We received about 1 1/2 inches of rain total the past few days. It was very welcome.

I am having someone come out to fix the tail lights for the truck. I need to get a load of manure for about $20 from the feed lot. I plan to put this on my wheat field, so I can plant in November. I'd like to get several more loads as funds permit to put on the Southeast Pasture so that I can water it and get the coastal growing for hay in the spring.

Man, the dogs are barking like crazy over by the pond, that normally means coyotes. Not going to look, I'll have to survey the damage, if any, in the morning.

No comments: