I wish I had a camera to take a picture of the awesome lightening displays going on outside right now. We were blessed with one inch of rain last night, and it rained this afternoon also. I don't know how much we received this afternoon/evening. I'll check in the morning.
My little Pyrenees pup was delivered this afternoon. He is 5 months old, and it is the first time he has been away from his mom. He was shaking most of the afternoon, but the girls fed him dog biscuits all afternoon and loved on him, and he now wags his tail when we walk over to the pen. He is staying with the goats in their pen tonight. Since he is a livestock guardian dog, and he has been with goats since he was a baby I hope he does pretty well with them in there with the babies. I haven't decided on a name yet. Oh! the other day we were coming home, it was about 7:30 in the evening and a coyote crossed right in front of us. We had never seen a live coyote, most people never do, though we have heard them every night for the past two years. This morning there was a small group of coyotes in the field behind the barn, just sitting there howling. This was 9 a.m. in the morning! I can only assume because of the heavy rain last night that they didn't get to hunt and were out this morning. Pretty awesome, Lauren and I were excited. I feel better with the Pyr pup in the pen with the chickens and goats. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyrenees
Earlier this afternoon, I was rushing to get several boxes in the barn, as well as, my electric heaters. I play to use the wood stove primarily this winter, but the electric heaters will come in handy for the bathroom and the bedroom, and I didn't want them ruined by the rain. I still have a pile of boxes I want to get into the barn. I'd like to get it all done tomorrow morning, but it will be difficult as I am by myself with James tonight. The girls stayed with their dad this evening. It'll be hard to move the boxes and juggle him at the same time, I may use the stroller, though I did just clean it. In addition, I'd like to get all the excess "stuff" that has been stored behind the cabin and put it in the barn. Things like the ladder, paint cans, a plastic bin full of tools, etc.
There is also a lot of trash blowing around. I also would like to take all the laundry to the laundry mat and get it all done. Without having a dryer it is difficult to get it all done. Now it's all been rained on, as it was sitting in a basket by the washer, outside. It's a race to get it washed now before it mildews. I really can't wait until I can get the washer and dryer under the cover.

No comments:
Post a Comment