Monday, August 10, 2009

It was a good day today. We all slept late, which is unusual for us. I woke up at 9:21 a.m.!
Lauren fed all the animals this morning, while I rushed to get my diapers washed and hung on the line. I was running dangerously low on diapers. With the heat and wind they dry fast.

I've been doing laundry all day, though we did take a break to run to a nearby town to fill out some paperwork and had lunch at the McDonald's. Thank God for the dollar menu ;-)

My dry laundry is piled up and ready to be folded and put away.

I am contemplating re-arranging furniture, packing up a lot of unnecessary clothing and linens to get it out of the way. This way I can set up my home office. I am trying to obtain employment where I work in a virtual setting. I've had one interview so far. If anyone is interested in making extra money try ODesk.com. A friend told me about it and it seems very reputable.

One of the puppies died today. It was the runt of the litter. I believe they were about 4 weeks old. We fed it milk replacer yesterday, along with feed it a little canned dog food inside away from it's family where the competition wasn't as fierce. I also wormed the little guy. This afternoon we smelled a horrible smell and just knew it was that baby. Lauren hunted and hunted for it and finally found it in a hole under the cabin. She put on surgical gloves (LOL) and went it put it in the bone yard. The ground is too hard to bury our animals so we have a spot on the back of the property where we dispose of carcasses. Poor little thing.

A few items I need to remember to purchase are:

printer
paper
cell phone signal booster
file cabinets (2)
plywood
shelving
batteries
additional computer memory
additional cloth diapers (mine are falling apart already!)

I'll add more as I remember.

No comments: