
The end of the day. I love this time of night. The kids are sleeping and it's quiet. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but I rarely get time to eat or go to the bathroom. It's getting a little chilly. I need a blanket.
The kids were feeling better this morning, and we went to church. Our church was meeting at another church, as our pastor was guest speaker. He did a good job. Those who didn't go, really missed out.
We had lunch, and then checked the mail. Lauren was happy to get her birthday card from Grandma. She received some money and will be saving it so she can buy more paint (acrylics) supplies.
We all took a nap this afternoon, and then got busy cleaning up around the house, washing clothes and getting ready for co-op in the morning. I just remembered I have laundry on the line, and it sounds like it is raining. Shoot! One of the drawbacks of living here is that once it is dark, I do not go outside. I don't have lights by the washer and I don't want to step on a rattlesnake, plus mountain lions have been spotted pretty frequently and recently in the area.
So, I will have to re-wash the clothes, as they will be caked with mud from the dust and wind. I try not to leave the clothes out overnight as they get gritty, but I forgot.
I manged to get most of the dishes done, the floor swept, the trash bagged, sorted laundry, washed three loads, vacuumed the floor, made the bed, then finally made dinner (fried chicken breasts, corn, apple slices, cheese and crackers). I am TRYING to make the girls eat a little more healthier, and they are not cooperating.
I finally managed to find the charger for our coleman lantern. It is charging in the bathroom. I don't have many plugs, so I have to put things in strange places. The outlet in the bathroom only has two plug outlets and one is taken by the Tiny Titan water heater. I normally have small nightlight in there, but not tonight since the battery is charging. I only have one lamp, and it's in the bedroom, the other rooms I normally use night lights, or battery operated lamps.
I just remembered...I forgot to lock up the goats. They are probably laying in the pen with the door open, I sure hope the dogs protect them if need be. Man, I need some lights.
I found my box of flannel so I can get busy making the girls (and James) their flannel pjs for the winter. Lauren and I were also talking tonight about how to insulate the walls in the bedroom. Being as the container is metal, it loses and gains heat really fast. When it is in the 50's outside, it is really cold in here, plus the blankets start to feel damp. We decided we are going to take the fleece scraps and make "wall quilts". Then using thumbtacks we will attach them to the underside of the loft and blanket the walls with the fleece to help insulate the area below the loft where we sleep. I have a curtain that covers the front, so in the winter, I will just have to heat this small area with a space heater if possible, or if not, we will bed down in front of the wood stove when it's really cold.
Well, it's off to bed, we have to get up early for the home school co-op.
No comments:
Post a Comment