Thursday, September 24, 2009

We survived!

LOL! The night started out cold, but we slept great and were cozy and warm all night. The baby didn't wake up until 10 a.m. It's been raining steady all day and the sound on the metal roof is very soothing. I have been doing laundry all morning, and even made 5 gallons of laundry soap, something I needed to do desperately. Hannah brought in 3 eggs from the chickens. The goats spent most of the day hanging out in their pen under shelter, as it drizzled for most of the day. Nena is the only one of them that doesn't seem to mind the rain.

Getting ready to make bread and start my soup for dinner.

Tried to string up a clothesline inside but it's not going to work, so back to draping wet clothes over every available surface.

Well, didn't make it in making my bread and soup. We headed out to a friend's this afternoon to pick up some firestarters, and ended up four wheeling or mudding it down the road. Kind of exciting and kind of scary at the same time. I am without a phone now, so if we were stuck it'd be a long walk. We saw a coyote on the way. It darted across the road, then turned and sat on the side looking at us. Pretty cool.

Afterwards we stopped by the car wash in town and cleaned most of the trash out of the car. I need to get the excess stuff out of the car. The plan is to hold a yard sale, if possible, this weekend. For now, it will be at the land, but later in October, I will hold one at the house in Lytle. It has better visibility and more traffic. The kid's dad informed me tonight that his job is ending soon. Not what I wanted to hear...The plan is to list the house for sale, and hope it sells before it is foreclosed on. Seeking God's guidance in this area, please pray for me.

I desperately need a source of income. At least to meet the land payment and electricity plus gas for the car. If I have to I will cut out the DirecTv and as a last resort the internet. So, I need a source of income that pays:

$448 for the land payment
$150 for electricity
$49 for Internet
$75 for DirecTV
$120 gas for car
$30 for insurance for car ($60 really but if I have to park the truck then I will)

I know I'll need extra for doctor appointments for the kids and such, but I am trying to concentrate on the necessities (minus the directv and internet)

If I get a job outside the house, which is looking more and more like I will need, I figure daycare is about $400 a month, plus another $400 for the kid's school fees. So, on top of regular expenses and now work related ones, I will need a job that pays me at least $2,000 a month. I have been praying tonight, crying and thinking, along with more praying. I know what I want, just not how to achieve it..Seeking God's guidance and relying on him to provide.

*************
On a positive note, I am making headway into getting the laundry done, next is to get it all folded and put away. I did get a fire started and it is chugging away in the living room. The plan is that it will keep the dampness out of the air. I have the bathroom window open, because the air smells smokey in there and I don't want to kill us while we sleep.

Tomorrow we will be taking our library books back, ordering Lauren's birthday cake and dropping the kids off with their dad for dinner. They are supposed to stay the weekend but they don't want to. I think they should, but their dad doesn't want to force them.

All in all, it's been a stressful day.

I was listening to KLOVE last night, and there was a segment on about preserving marriage, about never giving up on it. The thought fills me with dread. On one hand I am not looking forward to a divorce, I've been married 21 years (today is our anniversary), and have known him since I was 11 years old, that's hard to throw away. But on the other hand I don't like living with turmoil, and the past month has been one of the happiest I have had, though financially it's been stressful. So, what does the Lord want? Only He knows. I don't believe that God wants me to live in an abusive home, but I know He hates divorce. What to do? Another area where I seek God's guidance and providence daily.

Long term goals:
1) find a way to support us from home or get a job that works for all of us
2) get a better house
3) pay off the land
4) home school the girls

Short term goals:
1) get land cleaned up (cut grass around gate area/RV parking area)
2) have yard sale
3) sell house
4) winterize cabin
5) find job
6) pick up mulch for driving pads for RV park
7) put all containers in barn (mark boxes)
8) put items for sale on craigslist
9) clean out fire pit
10) take trash to dump
11) get truck fixed
12) pay for tags for truck (list as farm truck)
13) clean out behind cabin
14) bring wood inside for stove plus kindling
15) work on making shelters for goats (use tin)
16) sell axles

No comments: