Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yes, another post in the same day. It is just the end of the day and we are winding down. We spent this morning cleaning, then I was working from home a bit, though it was a slow day today.

The girls are having a date night with James. He is Lauren's date, and Hannah is their waitress. They are in the living room having a dinner of crackers by candlelight. They are so cute..they dressed up and everything. He loves it when they play with him. It's almost his bed time so I expect the fussiness to start soon. Lauren just came in and said Jame proposed to her. At dinner he had the crab (vanilla wafers) and she had shrimp (crackers).

We headed up to the gate tonight to slowly pick our way back gathering trash. Lauren patrolled the fence perimeter on the four wheeler and picked up a lot of stray trash. Hannah, James and I picked up trash from the front gate to the house. We'll do the pond and back part of the land another night. Once again, I forgot to put the boxes in the barn, and it is supposed to rain the next few days (Praise God, but I need to get that stuff in the barn.) The girls will be will their dad this weekend, so it will make it hard to get anything done. I'll use the stroller, but he will only entertain himself for so long. Found a dead baby rattlesnake in the driveway, exactly where I park the car when I get out to shut the gate. I must have squished it with the car. Good thing my sandals are broken and I have been wearing my boots.

More later, have to go put the goaties up.

Well, putting the goats up turned into a production. I left it too late and it was dark, though the moon was out (hazy, guess it's going to rain after all). I walked over to the pen with a flashlight, walking slowing and making sure I didn't see any snakes. My eyesight is getting so bad, and I can tell, so I was still scared, worrying I wouldn't see one until it bit me. I get to the pen and Nena is missing. Oh, great it's dark, and I can't leave her out, the coyotes will get her for sure. She's so trusting. I finally found her behind the cabin, curled up asleep.

I called her and she came running, I picked her up and carried her to the pen using the lights of the car to see by.

I forgot to bring the laundry off of the line or my dirty laundry in, it is supposed to rain tonight/tomorrow. So, as much as we need it, I hope it holds off until the a.m. so I can get it inside. It really is hard not having a 220 plug for the dryer, of course I am saving money, but with the rain this past week, it's been hard to get the laundry done. I am almost done, I only have one basket left. It's all washed, dried and folded, still putting it away.

I am so glad the trash was picked up around the land, everything looks really nice. The grass is greening up from the rain. I am torn between leaving everything for the goats to eat, or cutting it down to keep the snakes away. Now, I need to figure out how to put my mail box up. I am expecting a package any time, and I don't want it returned.

Well, off to bed, it's after midnight.

No comments: