I know I have said this before, but I love the nights out here. Tonight the moon, the clouds and I think it is Saturn look beautiful in the sky. I went out to lock the goats in their pen. It will keep the coyotes out, probably not the mountain lion in the area, if it chooses to come this way.
I totally forgot about the mountain lion roaming the area, and went out last night to take my laundry off the line, in the dark, at midnight. It was supposed to rain in the early a.m., and I had forgotten to take the clothes off earlier. Nex time I'll let the clothes get wet.
We have had a few drops today, and right now it is threatening to rain. Thunder and lightening are really bad right now. Time to shut down the lap top and head to bed I guess, before the internet goes down.
I finally made my laundry soap, and have a pile of clothing to wash and hang up to dry. I lit a fire in the wood stove the other night, it was chilly, plus it would help dry the clothes hanging on the rack.
Tomorrow I am doing some ironing for a neighbor, plus I start my new part time job at the small, local bookstore/internet cafe.
The chickens are laying so many eggs, I gave away four dozen at church yesterday.
Lauren's birthday party was fun, and we went shopping tonight with her birthday money and gift cards. She bought three shirts (one a Miley Cyrus one, really cute, it's tan with a black microphone swirled on it), she also bought a leather like bomber jacket and two Moxie dolls (kind of like a Barbie/Bratz doll).
In my never ending quest to make a few dollars, I will start giving tennis lessons in town. So far, I have four interested in attending, plus my two girls make six. I am not charging much, just $10.00 per person per week. It'll give me gas and/or feed money I hope.
This week the pastor charged us with reading one verse a week out of the Bible and to truly meditate on it and think about what is saying to us. I am looking forward to working on it this week.
I am also resolved to be more positive. I have had a rough couple of years, and these past few months haven't been easy, I feel I am drowning in negativity. I feel happy most of the times but then I think about my dad, my poor goaties, and my ending marriage and I get down. I don't want people to start running from me, so I am endeavoring to not talk about the bad stuff. I hope I remember ;-)
3 comments:
It's not bad to talk about bad stuff. Sometimes it's healthier to do so than to hold it in. In fact I think you need to have someone to share these things with in private. On my blog I share what happens good and bad, just the truth of the day.
You ought to find regular buyers of the eggs. Shouldn't be hard to do. Free range eggs sell for $4 to $5 bucks at the farmers market here.
Thanks Bob! That is what I felt i was doing. My goal wasn't to come across as complaining but just to share with family and friends what my day is like. I am getting negative feedback.
I firmly believe that i am a happy person. I feel happy the majority of the time, but then something negative happens, or a Negative Ned/Nellie waltzes into my day and pukes all over it.
Hi...I've been lurking for awhile after finding you at Bob's blog. I think you're doing a wonderful job of taking care of your little family. You are doing what few women could. I really enjoy reading about your life. Take care.
Loretta
Post a Comment