Saturday, September 19, 2009

I have located a great blog! Oh my, I love it. It is all about a woman and her husband who live 100% off grid. My dream goal! Man, my family thinks I live rough, compared to these people I am living high on the hog. I have no phone line, only cell service, satellite internet, I do have electricity, though it is limited. We couldn't afford to re-wire to the 200 amp service so we have 60 amps. We have everything down sized, and limited, which is fine, it really makes you think about what you need.

I have a Tiny Titan water heater, an AC for those 105 plus days, a refrigerator (I'd like to get rid of this, and get a small cube sized one).

My mom asked me the other day if I love living in my little house on the prairie. I absolutely LOVE it! Nights and mornings are my favorite times of day. Right now it is after midnight, the girls (my two and my niece) are giggling up in the loft. They are going to be a pain in the bottom to get out of bed in the a.m. We have the craft show to get to, good thing it's only 1 mile from here.

This morning when I went out side, the dew on the grass was white, almost looked like frost. It is so quiet and isolated out here. I love it, though I do realize the potential for danger and take precautions. It's not just me, I am responsible for the welfare of little ones. I know my family worries about me, but the only danger I am in would be from two legged critters. ;-)

I spent most of the morning sewing my baby hats, and then we went to pick up money from the kid's dad. I headed into town, because I needed to get some meds for the kids (I just realized I left these in the car!) I made a list so I would only get necessities. The baby had a bath, was fed and I rocked him to sleep. He is passed out in the bed beside me. It is getting a little chilly and he keeps kicking his blankets off. I think I will work on some flannel pjs for him. I have lots of flannel and other fabric, and limited money to buy him clothes.

The girls worked on bracelets and book marks to sell tomorrow. I will have a limited amount to sell, but am taking my fabric and will sit and sew as much as I can while sitting there..

It was so dark out when we arrived home, the stars were beautiful. There were so many and they were so bright. I didn't hear the coyotes tonight, but I locked up the goats anyway. I put Nena in the barn, I hope she is getting better. I need to get her some alfalfa tomorrow, plus give her the vaccination. She isn't getting enough to eat, and is protein deficient and anemic. I hope the alfalfa helps.

Well, I am off to give Hannah her medication, hopefully it will help her sleep better. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Linda Foley said...

Oh I love the idea of a off grid lifestyle! So where's the link to this cool blog? lol