The weather the past few days has been AWESOME! It started raining really heavily on Wednesday afternoon, and hasn't really stopped much. We have received 7 inches since Wednesday evening. The creek bed was filled to the top at one time, and the girl's went tubing on it. The pond is filling up nicely and everything is greening up which is nice on one hand, but daunting on the other, it means I'll have to cut it. It does give the goats more to eat, as well as, Jack (donkey), so that's another plus.
We picked up a milk goat today. She is a doe, not sure of her age. She is a Toggenburg breed, she may be pregnant. I tried to milk her earlier, but she wasn't having any of it. I am hoping she will settle down and be ready for me to milk her in the a.m. before church. Her babies nursed some today, but since they didn't come with her, she should be more than ready for some relief by morning. Please pray that I can accomplish this, I haven't ever really milked a goat before.
We went shopping for a few supplies for the start of c0-op. I wasn't aware that Hannah was going to need basic school supplies, so I will have to stop at Dollar Tree and get those tomorrow.
I paid for the craft booth entry. The show is next weekend, now to get busy sewing. I did make one hat tonight but it is for a birthday gift for a friend's granddaughter. Her birthday party is tomorrow.
Because of the rain, I have been hanging diapers and other clothing on my indoor clothing rack. I really need another one, because the rack only holds about 16 diapers at a time. I have a fan blowing on them to help them dry, but it still takes a while in this damp weather.
I am really enjoying getting things together and organized, plus decluttering and setting the cabin up for the winter time. I rearranged the computer, moving it further from the wood stove. Had a small fire the other morning to take the chill/dampness out of the air. We've been able to turn off the AC for most of the day. This will be a big savings on the electric bill. I also need to start turning off stuff and unplugging to keep the bill down.
Well, I am off to clean up the living area while James is sleeping for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment