I rarely watch tv but there are a few shows that I like...I never really liked reality shows, but I do like the Duggars, Little People, Big World; and the Little Couple. Plus, I like a couple of shows on the Sci Fi Channel. I tend to like shows that make me feel happy after I finish watching them. The one that hits me now is the Little People, Big World show. The man on that show has ideas that are a match for mine. I could see myself doing what he has done with his land. How totally cool! I have wanted a Pumpkin Patch, Christmas Tree Farm, camping grounds, fishing pond, petting zoo and selling produce for a long time. It is just very hard to prioritize and to make my dreams come to fruition. I feel like I am running out of time, and often wish I had been more confident earlier in life and had started pursuing my goals at a younger age.
Writing things down here helps to get my brain emptied and to see things in black and white.
I am thinking that doing something that provides an income sooner would be wisest, as it will at least pay the taxes for the year ($83 at this time). So, I am still working on the RV park scenario. Still trying to get the brake lights fixed on the truck so that I can pick up gravel, mulch and manure.
**************
Lauren woke with vomiting this morning around 2 a.m. It was pretty non-stop all morning. She rested most of the afternoon, sleeping the day away ;-)
She is feeling much better, so far, and did manage to eat a small dinner.
Tomorrow we have tennis lessons in the a.m., and then it's home for school work and house work (for me). 99% of the laundry is done, so I'd like to try and keep it up with for a bit. Now for the weather to cooperate. I love the rain, but it wrecks havoc with my clothes drying.
My oldest chicken died sometime last night or early this a.m. She was 4 years old, and was a great mom. She didn't lay anymore but was an excellent hatcher. She would hoard everyone else's eggs to sit on and raise.
The goats continue to irritate me by dancing all over my car, it is so scuffed. I have to open the hood to keep them off the car, and sometimes I forget, and have to go out and hit them with the broom. Dakota especially likes to push my buttons. I think she does it on purpose.
The dogs are also pretty irriating. Baeta and the puppies have taught Bo very bad manners. He is turning out to be a very sucky livestock guardian dog. He hates Jack and barks at him continuously. Muffin has taken to running all the way up the driveway and out into the roadway, chasing the car to go with us. Today, I had to turn around because she wasn't stopping. I whipped her and sent her back down the driveway. She went. I am going to have to make sure she doesn't follow from the house from the start. And the three little kittens are very noisy at night, if they weren't so small, I'd dump their hineys in the barn to fend for themselves. But if I did that, I am pretty sure the dogs would kill them. Trying to get them to the point they can run faster and get up on stuff to escape.
So all in all, the animals around here are driving me crazy LOL! It reminds me of that book Animal Farm, where the animals rise up and take over.
****************
At work today my boss told me proudly that my display had sold a book. He was very excited, and the most animated I have ever seen him. He told me to look for a replacement book right away to fit in the empty space. I rearranged the books a bit, making sure the kids books were lower and at their high level , and then added "By the Shores of Silver Lake" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. It takes place during the fall, or at least starts off that way. Anyone who knows me, are you surprised by that choice?
I get to close the store on Friday and have it all by myself on Saturday. He and his wife are going out of town and trusting me with their store. I am beyond excited!
1 comment:
Good to hear, the Lord's blessing and honoring you. Little at a time but it's getting there.
Post a Comment