My mom sent me a CD with this song on it for me to play for James. Apparently she really likes James Taylor. He's an old folk singer. I remember hearing a couple of the other songs on the CD when I was growing up.
"Sweet Baby James" Lyrics
There is a young cowboy, he lives on the range.
His horse and his cattle are his only companions;
He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons,
Waiting for summer, his pastures to change . . .
And as the moon rises, he sits by his fire,
Thinking about women and glasses of beer;
And closing his eyes as the dogies retire,
He sings out a song which is soft but it's clear—
As if maybe someone could hear.
Goodnight, you moonlight ladies;
Rockabye sweet baby James . . .
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose;
Won't you let me go down in my dreams
And rockabye sweet baby James.
Now the first of December was covered with snow,
And so was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston.
Lord, the Berkshires seemed dream-like on account of that frosting,
With ten miles behind me
And ten thousand more to go . . .
There's a song that they sing when they take to the highway,
A song that they sing when they take to the sea,
A song that they sing of their home in the sky—
Maybe you can believe it if it helps you to sleep,
But singing works just fine for me . . .
So, goodnight, you moonlight ladies;
Rockabye sweet baby James . . .
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose;
Won't you let me go down in my dreams
And rockabye sweet baby James.
His horse and his cattle are his only companions;
He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons,
Waiting for summer, his pastures to change . . .
And as the moon rises, he sits by his fire,
Thinking about women and glasses of beer;
And closing his eyes as the dogies retire,
He sings out a song which is soft but it's clear—
As if maybe someone could hear.
Goodnight, you moonlight ladies;
Rockabye sweet baby James . . .
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose;
Won't you let me go down in my dreams
And rockabye sweet baby James.
Now the first of December was covered with snow,
And so was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston.
Lord, the Berkshires seemed dream-like on account of that frosting,
With ten miles behind me
And ten thousand more to go . . .
There's a song that they sing when they take to the highway,
A song that they sing when they take to the sea,
A song that they sing of their home in the sky—
Maybe you can believe it if it helps you to sleep,
But singing works just fine for me . . .
So, goodnight, you moonlight ladies;
Rockabye sweet baby James . . .
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose;
Won't you let me go down in my dreams
And rockabye sweet baby James.
***************************
Washed a load of diapers this morning, then we headed out to the courts for tennis lessons. I had a new student today, her name is Abagail. Her mom is the Physics tutor at co op. After tennis lessons I stopped by the laundromat to put the diapers in the dryer. It really is a pain in the butt to not be able to dry them, especially in the rain. It rained all night and today.
We spent the rest of the day at the blue house, and the girls did their school work, and James slept. He had a fever and was fussy, so I rocked him in the recliner most of the afternoon. I went to work a little early so that my boss could show me how to close out the register. Good thing too because he was leaving for a funeral this afternoon. We had the store to ourselves. The girls were ecstatic! It is less stressful when we are there by ourselves. They used the computers, James slept, and I shelved books and boxed up books for a new location in Lytle. Pulled a couple of books off of the shelf to read. I've actually read a lot more lately than I have in the past few months. I need to stop, as I have too much sewing to finish. Which, by the way I need to get busy on tonight.
We headed into town after work. I was meeting another homeschool mom at the Quarry to pick up a math book for Hannah, then we went to Whole Foods. They have discontinued Lauren's favorite Gluten Free snack, so she was bummed. We did put in a request at Customer Service, and ordered a case if they can get one. James got his favorite organic lollipop, Cherry, but fell asleep in the car with it dangling out of his mouth. (yes I let him have a lollipop, they are made with fruit juice).
We arrived home and I bathed James and put him to bed. I had to give him more Motrin for his fever. I am worn out with rocking him, walking him, and holding him. He has been so fussy today, and he's so heavy that my arms and the middle of my back hurts really bad. I sure hope he gets better, I hate it when the little ones are sick, they are so pitiful. If he isn't better tomorrow, I'll call the doctor. I am worried about the Swine Flu, of which he has the symptoms. No, I am not paranoid, just keeping my eyes open. Hannah has some of the same symptoms, except no fever yet.
Off to sew.
************
Talked to my mom on the IM, she checks on me every night..I guess it's a mom thing. LOL! I can't wait until she comes right after Christmas. She is looking for a place to stay, they are thinking a condo in Bandera, but I am hoping they will stay a little closer. I am looking for a bed and breakfast, the hotel in Devine, an RV or something in the area. She mentioned looking closer to me, as they want to come out and help me with a few projects.
************
Talked to my mom on the IM, she checks on me every night..I guess it's a mom thing. LOL! I can't wait until she comes right after Christmas. She is looking for a place to stay, they are thinking a condo in Bandera, but I am hoping they will stay a little closer. I am looking for a bed and breakfast, the hotel in Devine, an RV or something in the area. She mentioned looking closer to me, as they want to come out and help me with a few projects.
1 comment:
I see you have a child who needs to eat gluten free. I follow anothe blog called mennonite girls can cook and there are gluten free recipes on there, as well as I saw a link to a place that had gluten free oatmeal.
Post a Comment