Monday, May 21, 2007

Bacculaureate Service





Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might." Psalm 21:13

Good morning from South Texas!

Last night was Taylor's Bacculaureate Service. I think the only one I had been to before this was my Aunt Alexis' when she graduated from high school. We must not have had one for my class because we had so many people graduating (650). It was very nice, though weird to see Taylor and the kids he has been in class with since Kindergarten standing around in their caps and gowns.

Tonight is the Senior Awards Night. Apparently Taylor is getting an award for something. I can only assume for his grades or for being the "class clown".

Friday is his Senior Breakfast and then graduation practice. Everything winds up with his party on Sunday at the Lake, but there is supposed to be rain all week, and I didn't make any contingency plans, as it normally doesn't rain so much here, and rarely in May. It is normally pushing the high 90's here, and this morning it was 68. Strange weather.

Today is Laundry day, and I am trying to get the laundry done for the week, in addition to clean up some. Tomorrow is baking day, and I am trying to mentally figure out what I need to bake for the week. I only want to heat the house up once a week, actually today would be a good day to bake since it is so cool outside. I need to bake about 2 loaves of bread, and 4 dozen cookies, not to mention planning what to bake this Saturday in preparation for Taylor's party.

So far, I have washed three loads of clothes, cleaned the foyer, living room, bathroom, made the bed, and am working on the dining room, and setting up a sewing area in the corner of the dining room. Whew! I'm tired already and it's not even noon!

Off to make lunch for Hannah, she just threw a Ramen Noodle Package at me and ran off laughing. I guess that is a "clue" that she's hungry.

Taylor's Senior Award Ceremony was this evening. We had received notice that he would be receiving an award tonight. He received the award for Most Improved Senior Math Student, in addition to receiving his scholarship from the Texas Deparment of Rehabilatative Services. He will receive a one year scholarship plus books to Palo Alto Community College in San Antonio. He will be studying Turfgrass and Golf Course Management. I am very happy and proud of him!


No comments: