Monday, May 14, 2007

The Wise Woman Builds Her House...

I was reading in Proverbs this morning (Proverbs 14) where a wise woman builds her house but with her own hands the foolish one tears her down. I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I feel like this foolish woman, tearing down my own house.


Saturday was Taylor's Senior Prom. It was held at a new golf course near us. It's a very nice place, and a step up from last year's prom. The theme was "A Night in Paris". Taylor enjoyed the prom, though he went by himself. He said he sat a table with other kids, ate, drank, talked and listened to the music. I picked him up around 12:00 midnight, and we got back home before 12:30. We all went staight to bed (Hannah and Lauren were still awake and went with me to pick up "bubba"), though I knew we would be tired for church the next day.


Sunday morning I was wakened around 8 am with breakfast in bed. Lauren had made me mint tea and warmed 2 cinnamon pop tarts in the microwave. I think this is my first breakfast in bed ever. Lauren made me 2 cards and Hannah made me a little key hanger at preschool. Their dad bought lunch out though I had planned to cook on the grill. Later he and Lauren worked in the garage, coming in around 9 pm with my Mother's Day present. He had made the wagon, Lauren stained it, and then I had to sew the cover for it. It's really cute. Hannah was excited and said "Hey, that's just like Mary with the wagon in your book!" (Little House on the Prairie) I thought that was very cute.




















Their dad had also finished staining a dresser. It belonged to his grandmother and he received it when she passed away about 15 years ago. It was originally an ice box, but when his grandparents finally had electricity his grandfather converted it to a dresser. It had been painted at least three times with white, yellow and finally a shiny brown paint and had chips in it. I liked it because it was old and had been in his family, but it was really ugly. He stripped it last week and re-stained it. I plan on housing it in the foyer and using it for Hannah's clothes. Eventually, I plan to give it to Lauren when she gets married, if she wants it. Since she is the eldest daughter I believe it should go to her. I will give Hannah one of my antiques when she gets married. Taylor is getting the truck that has been in his dad's family since 1964. It belonged to his great-grandfather, grandfather and now it is his dads. Today's laundry day so I am outside hanging up the laundry. My tomatoes are turning red, and I have one cucumber on one of the plants outside. Yeah!

A couple of corn stalks also have small ears of corn growing. (Tammy I think it is your Bantam corn, as I have never seen corn like this before. I guess it sprouted late.) This corn is shorter than the other corn, but already has the ears set, the other is still growing. So, I have two types of corn growing now. It's really hot out today, around 90, but will probably get hotter. We aren't expecting rain for the first time in a long time. Thank you God! Maybe the mosquitoes will start to die down some.

2 comments:

Homekeeper Mom said...

I LOVE your Little House on the Prairie wagon. It is adorable!! I love those breakfasts in beds too.......mine in the past has been cheerios with three times the milk it needs and a big glass of milk on the side. :) It sounds as if you had a lovely day!!I am so happy for you.

I did a post about the wise woman and the foolish woman......it is in my sidebar somewhere. That is how I feel sometimes too.

Love,
~Candi

Homekeeper Mom said...

P.S. I tagged you. Read my blog to read about it. :) Love you!

Love,
~Candi