Monday, May 7, 2007

School Is Now In Session






My first sunflower blooming! Isn't it beautiful?!

Today was Hannah's first day home from preschool. Since I am home full time now, I needed to save the money I was spending on her daycare/preschool. She had been going full time (7:45am to 3:30 pm) and then I cut her back to part time (7:45 am to 11:30 am), but when I could no longer justify even that much, I decided to keep her home.

In addition, to having Hannah home with me full time, I started a new organization program. I am combining elements of Flylady and Large Family Logistics program. I don't really have too large a family (3 kids, 2 adults) but figured something was betther than nothing.

After dropping Taylor and Lauren off at school this morning, Hannah and I came back home. I worked on my laundry, did some pick up cleaning, and worked for about 2 hours on my Music homework. I need to finish by Wednesday and take my final. Afterwards, Hannah and I worked on writing her name, phonics and music. I am not going to stress about it now, but Hannah writes ALL her letters and words backwards. I will write the letters/words down, and then she writes from right to left backwards.

We then worked on phonics at www.starfall.com. We primarily worked on the letter A but jumped around as Hannah picked out different letters. After that we listened to short samples of different composers on Starfall. Lauren liked Mozart but didn't like Scott Joplin. She said the music was "ugly" and sounded like "dinosaurs". Who knows what that meant?

Worked outside a little today. Man! the skeeters and ticks are bad! I have sprayed and it didn't help. I firmly believe that the rain must have washed the Seven Dust away. I will have to wait until June or July when we NEVER get rain to spray again. It's disgusting! Ticks are starting to come inside now. Everyone out in this area is having the same problem, so at least I know it's not just us.

My rye grass is up in the new garden section, along with the pumpkins, corn, watermelon and beans in the new garden section. Flowers are also popping their heads up.

The girls are outside in the little plastic pool I bought today at HEB, it's so hot, and they got tired of sharing the 30 gallon plastic trash can they were using as a "pool". Two of them couldn't fit in at the same time.




The first "swim" of the season. I used the well water (see spigot in back) so the water is really COLD! It's a small pool, but it was affordable, and is better than nothing.


The puppy, Muffin Girl AKA Demon Dog was racing around the backyard, trying to get the cat to play with her. Chip, the cat was laying on the trampoline reaching his paw down, and when the puppy would race over, he would pull his paw back up.





And now, what you have all been waiting for....the anticipated movie release of that all time favorite horror film......ta da da

"PUPPIES OF THE CORN"

2 comments:

Homekeeper Mom said...

OH how cute! But you know I am in love with your dog anyhow. My kids are going to be so jealous of your new pool! We will have to get one after we move. They can take turns in it, lol!!

~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Peggy said...

I love your blog! Will be back to catch up by reading your older posts. The sunflower is beautiful!