Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday's Happenings and Thankfulness


This is the first sweet corn of the season. A neighbor gave it to us. My corn has small ears and the silks are just appearing, so I guess it won't be long until I get to eat my own corn. This corn was really good (though my daughter Lauren would disagree).



Today was hot, 91 degrees, and I sweated more inside than outside. It was actually nice hanging up the laundry. I looked over the garden, and I need to cut back the tomatoes tomorrow, pick the beans, and cucumbers.


Here are three outfits that I made for the girls for our trip to Disney World. We leave in a week. The Strawberry Shortcake and the Blue/Denim outfit are Lauren's and the blue Clifford outfit belongs to Hannah. I have also made just a couple pair of shorts for Lauren too (Texas A&M and yellow flowered ones.) I also made myself a petticoat, but now I need to make the skirt. I showed Lauren how to sew a pillow by hand using small stiches. I will take a picture and post it tomorrow, I am going to bed.




It's also Thankful Thursday today and I wanted to share what I am thankful for:


I am thankful for the corn a neighbor shared with us.


I am thankful my son graduated from high school.


I am thankful I know how to sew and can make cute things for my girls.


I am thankful for my family and friends.


I am thankful that God is allowing my garden to flourish.


No comments: