

See the two blue containers? They are holding my first batch of laundry soap that I made yesterday. In the process of cleaning the laundry room, I discovered a leak that my husband fixed, and the entire wall to the right of the washers was covered in black mold! I was shocked. It hadn't been there two weeks ago, when he installed the ice maker on the refrigerator. I quickly filled a pan with bleach water, and scrubbed down the wall, then opened the back door, and set a fan in the laundry room to dry it out. I think with all the rain and humidity we have been having the past few weeks, it caused the mold to start growing. We have NEVER had mold in the house until this time. It scared me....I have heard all those horror stories about the mold. I am so glad that I caught it before it ate through to the sheet rock. I will keep a constant eye on this area now. I swept a lot of trash from between the washers, and threw away about six empty soap containers. I organized the shelves above the washers, and now have two laundry baskets to the right, and on the floor, to sort clothes. I have a basket for dark, and one for everything else. The laundry room isn't big enough for any more baskets to sort it out further than that. My goal is to place shelves above the dryer for additional food storage (cans, etc.) and I'd like a shoe rack or shelf for all the shoes that will end up here. I am planning and hoping to keep it looking like this as much as possible. I also plan to purchase a shower curtain rod to go above both washers to hang clothes on hangers to dry. Okay, here are the after pictures.

I managed to wash about four loads of clothes after this, and have all my husband's and kids clothes washed for the week, and a couple of towels. Tomorrow is my normal laundry day, so I will finish up then....I cleaned the house more again today, and did the never ending dishes. I had put spaghetti sauce in the crockpot before church, and we had that for lunch. I cleaned the kitchen, as well as, the dining room and bathroom, plus getting several yard sale items cleaned up (Taylor's potty chair and booster seat). To understand this you need to know my son recently turned 18 and is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks. Both of his sisters used these items, but I figure it's time to get rid of them. Man, I feel old.....
Baked chocolate chip cookies tonight with Hannah, while Lauren did her homework. She was a little upset that she couldn't help, but I am taking a page out of Susanna Wesley's book (the mother of the famous preacher John Wesley). She had 19 children, and she tried to devote a little one-on-one time to each of her children every week. She would spend the morning or a task with a child by his or herself. I do this by alternating turns with the kids on trips to the grocery store, picking up dinner out, and baking plus Taylor's case he gets out of school at 11:30 a.m. and is home before Lauren, so I have spent more alone time with him this year than I have for a long time.
The kids are in bed now (it's after 11 pm) and I am sitting here listening to the sound of the fan and the dryer (it rained all day, and I couldn't use the clothesline, there goes my electric bill!)
The worship service today was very thought provoking. Our pastor has urged us to spend more time in God's word and in prayer, and to lay all our anxiety's at His feet. He reminded us as went about our business this next week to remember that God cares and can handle it. So when we are in the midst of trouble, and don't know what to do, just pray and let God know that you know He cares for you, and give him the problem. Then wait and see what He will do. The scripture passage for today was 1 Peter 5. Hope you had a good weekend!
1 comment:
Your laundry room looks great!!! Inspires me to work on mine today, since I will be in there anyhow! :)
Love,
~Candi
Post a Comment