
It was a very busy day today. My youngest and I left home early to head into town to the bank, to pay bills and to check out the 50% off sale at Hancock Fabrics. Picked up a little white eyelet as it was 50% off (came home and made a couple of slips/petticoats to sell tomorrow).
Hurried back home to pick up my son from the high school, and then we headed on over to a neighboring town. Stopped at a Tent Sale that was selling Gun Safes (couldn't afford those unless I sold a kidney), and an assortment of tools, etc. Nothing that I really needed, but it was something to do. Needed gas so I stopped and only pumped $10.00 as the gas was $3.15 a gallon! I was shocked, and decided to wait until I saw something lower to fill up the car. Finally, filled up at home where it was $2.99 a gallon. While out and about the kids and I stopped at the meat market and picked up some hamburger, beef jerky and bacon. We aren't too impressed with the rest of the meat they offer, normally very fatty.
On the way home we stopped at the library, where Hannah checked out the Barbie Rapunzel video and the Shrek 2 video, as well as, a couple of books. I also checked out about 6 books, a couple on small scale farming.
Worked in the garden this evening, trimming back my tomatoes, and watering the plants with the nasty water from the kids wading pool. Several pumpkins and squashes growing in the garden. The vines are huge!
Planted two more rows of beans and two hills of cucumbers with six seeds in each hill. These are Pickling Cucumbers I ordered from Seeds of Change. Lauren and I weeded a good portion of the alley garden, making sure we weeded primarily around the plants to help them to get taller than the weeds. Planted corn where the other didn't sprout.
Lauren also dug up rocks and lined them up to indicate where to walk, as Hannah keeps walking over my plants.
Washed out the wading pool and floaties, locked up the chickens, and worked in the former goat pen to get it ready to work on as a Backyard Habitat project for the kids this summer.
Lauren reminded me it was grocery night and it was her night to go (I alternate weekends between the girls, as well as, other errands in order to spend one on one time with them), so we left to finish our weekly shopping.
Returned home, worked on the undergarments for tomorrow, and am listening to Stargate Atlantis as I am typing. It's been a full day, and I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW'S YARD SALE. Blech!
No comments:
Post a Comment